Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, September 17th, 2012 at 5:30 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Works Foreman: B. Bigelow
Deputation: Evelyn Gauvreau and Ryan Seguin
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 12-09-18 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the Special meeting of September 17, 2012 as presented. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Mayor Cleroux reported on the result of his conversation with Hydro One regarding the Carriere Road hydro line extension. The agreement has been modified to remove transformation and secondary services. This change results in no Expansion Deposit requirements. EXP Services Inc. will proceed with the required survey for the transfer of easement to Hydro One.
1. The Opening Ceremonies of The Bunker Military Museum will be held November 3rd, 2012 at 1400 hours.
2. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise the Town of Cobalt that a meeting of both councils is tentatively schedule for October 1st, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. pending their approval.
3. Amendment to By-Law 12-06
Motion 12-09-19 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 12-23 being a by-law to amend By-Law 12-06 be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 12-09-20 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law 12-23 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
Ms. Evelyn Gauvreau and Mr. Ryan Seguin, EXP Services Inc. were in attendance to discuss a business proposal regarding Bass Lake Park.
IN CAMERA(CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 12-09-21 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
WHEREAS Section 239 (2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:00 pm to discuss the following matter: Business Proposition Carried.
Councillors Cote and Marcella reported on the conference call held with the Municipal Planners on September 13th, 2012. Matters discussed were:
1. Review Proposed Fee Structure and/or Options
A fee by-law will be worded to collect fees expended on each planning process
2. Confirm Documentation to be provided by JLR to Township for applications
Notices, report/memo if necessary, by-law and schedules
3. Existing Planning Applications
Discussions were held regarding planning applications that still have to be completed.
4. Planning Application with the Township of Coleman as Applicant
The Zoning By-Law will be amended to correct various matters that have arisen in recent months
Mr. Brian Bigelow, Work Foreman, is authorized to repair the head gasket on the Garbage Truck.
Motion 12-09-22 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 6:30 p.m. without a report.
– Ontario Trails – news
– Environment Canada – new
– OMERS – E-119 reporting workshop
– HazMat – headline news
– Hydro One – Emergency response
– AOM – Watch File
A 10-year plan to end homelessness
– Quest – Ices literacy series
– CUPE – Awareness Day
– TransCanada – report
– CUI Brownfields – Award Finalists.
Motion 12-09-23 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.