Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, September 15th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
A. Chitaroni P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Municipal Lawyer: George Kemp
Motion 09-09-10 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
WHEREAS this meeting deals with advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting be closed to the public. Carried.
Correspondence received from Mr. George Lefebvre, Elk Lake Community Forest was reviewed. Council approved the draft letters provided which Mayor Belanger will send to the Ministry of Natural Resources and FedNor.
Council reviewed correspondence provided by Hon Lisa MacLeod, MPP, regarding harmonized tax in Ontario. The petition against the harmonized sales tax will be made available for signatures by Coleman Taxpayers.
The Clerk-Treasurer is authorized to purchase a printer for the price of $740.00.
Council reviewed and accepted the terms and conditions of the South Temsikaming Community Futures Development Corporation for the development of a business plan relating to the provision of cultural activities and facilities, park maintenance and recreational activities for the Bass Lake Park.
Mayor Belanger signed the document on behalf of the Township of Coleman.
1. Ontario Heritage Trust – Mayor Belanger read the Invitation to unveiling of a provincial plaque commemorating The Founding of Iroquois Falls scheduled for October 1st, 2009.
2. Council reviewed the information package received from The Recycling Council of Ontario. Mayor Belanger proclaimed October 19th to 25th, 2009 Waste Reduction Week
3. Council reviewed the information provided by the Lupus Foundation of Ontario. Mayor Belanger proclaimed October 2009 , Lupus Awareness Month.
4. The Clerk-Treasurer reported on a conversation with Mr. Norm Doiron who, as a result of the construction of his driveway, now has a run off problem with swamp water going over his property. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise Mr. Doiron to contact his contractor to correct this problem – possibly by installing a culvert.
5. Council was provided with the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry,
Minister Michael Gravelle’s message on Modernizing Ontario’s Forest Tenure and Pricing System.
6. The Clerk-Treasurer distributed invitations to a meeting received from North Bay General Hospital, Mattawa General Hospital, West Nipissing General Hospital, Northeast Mental Health Centre and Cassellholme Home for the Aged regarding Alternate Level of Care issues affecting our communities and hospitals serving this district.
– Loop Tour Meeting Minutes – August 15th
– Update – Review of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
– OGR – Heads Up – Bill 118 to take effect in Fall 2009
– Recycling Product News – Newsletter
– OMERS – Employer News
– MPAC – Market Change Profile
– AMO – Continuous Improvement Fund
– Canadian Environmental Protection – newsletter
– AMO – Media Relations Training Program
– Priorities for the fall session of the Ontario Legislature
– Moose Call
– Union Gas – Notice of Application
Motion 09-09-11 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.