The Ministry of Energy has passed a regulation under the Green Energy Act, 2009, that requires Ontario’s public agencies to demonstrate the leadership role government plays in energy conservation. The regulation provides the Ontario government and public agencies with valuable information on how energy is used within each sector, allowing organizations to benchmark their facilities to similar facilities.
The Green Energy Act Regulation 397/11, requires public agencies to prepare and publish the following documents:
1. Annual reports on the energy consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the operation of facilities; and
2. A report outlining plans for the identification and implementation of energy conservation and demand management projects throughout Township facilities. The first report was released in July 2014 and will be updated every five years thereafter.
Energy Management Data
- 2016- Township of Coleman- Energy Data
- 2015- Township of Coleman- Energy Data
- 2014- Township of Coleman- Energy Data
- 2013- Township of Coleman- Energy Data
- 2012 – Township of Coleman- Energy Data
Energy Management Plan
The Asset Management Plan (AMP) is based on the guidelines provided in the Province of Ontario Ministry of Infrastructure’s Building Together Guide for Municipal Asset Management Plans. The Plan is based on currently available data and information on the core services of the Township.