Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, October 3rd, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 11-10-01 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of October 3rd, 2011 as presented. Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Council review correspondence received from Rose Belanger and Denis Houle.
2. The following information packages were distributed to Council for their information:
Auditor Workshop – Municipal Budtget
Disaster Risk Management Strategies & ODRAP
Modernizing Ontario’s SOP Program
3. The Ministry of Natural Resources’ Map of the Township of Coleman/agreement will be discussed at the next meeting of Council.
4. Council looked at catalogues and ads for furniture for the Community Hall. The Clerk-Treasurer will request quotes.
1. Council reviewed the following correspondence:
Cobalt, Coleman, Latchford and Area Food Bank reminder for the 2012 budget
Thank you card from Daryl and Gaetane Dufresne
– Geoff Fitzgibbon – ON1 Call
– Environmental Projection – proof groundwater remediation system
– HazMat – headline news
– DTSSAB – minutes
– Sustainability & Green Energy magazine
– AMO – Fall-Winter Councillor Training 2011 & Watch File
– Asrts-municipal – green communities
– Eleanor McMahon – Active Communities Pledge
– CUI Events
– Joan Newcomb – GreenGym
– Chamber of Commerce – RTO Chair’s Message
– Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence
Motion 11-10-02 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be3 closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees;
(b) labour relations or employee negotiations;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 7:20 p.m. to discuss the following matter: Employee Policy
Road Construction Prices Carried.
Motion 11-10-03 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder,
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 7:20 p.m. without a report. Carried.
Council discussed the Township of Coleman Official Plan review. Council will review Sections 1, 2 and 3 for the next special meeting to be held October 17th, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.
Motion 11-10-04 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.