Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, October 20th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Elk Lake Community Forest: Jeff Barton
Present: Joe Gregorcic, Northern College
The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the future process for the Bay Lake Project.
The Clerk-Treasurer to investigate the possibility of Mr. Bruce McMullan, AECOM, preparing the Township of Coleman’s Drinking Water Quality Management Standard necessary documentation for the Coleman Water Distribution System.
Mr. Barton and Mr. Lefebvre were in attendance to discuss future plans for the acquisition of Crown land on the Montreal River.
– A letter will be forwarded to Mr. Bob Aubin advising him that Council plan to move forward with the project.
– The Clerk-Treasurer will check if amendments to the Official Plan and Zoning By-Law are required.
– Elk Lake Community Forest will prepare and plan/sketch for the proposed acquisition.
– Elk Lake Community Forest will prepare a contract/agreement for the next phase of the project.
Mr. Joe Gregorcic was in attendance to request, in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding, an additional of 120 acres to the existing acreage for 2009. This larger land area will provide Northern College with the leverage they need to acquire further funding and present an opportunity to open the site to the public for hiking and a wilderness experience showcasing to summer tourists travelling through our region. Mr. Gregorcic advised they intend to develop this portion of land before leasing more land. Council will pass a resolution at the next regular meeting.
Council reviewed the correspondence received from our Planner, Mr. Charles Windsor, The Plantario Group Ltd. The Clerk-Treasurer to forward a copy of Mr.Windsor’s letter to Mr. Dennis Hakola.
The Clerk-Treasurer presented a Water Users financial report for the Coleman Water Distribution System.
The Clerk-Treasurer to forward the Petition against the Harmonized Sales Tax to Hon Lisa MacLeod, MPP.
Council approved a request for a ham and turkey for the New Year’s Eve Coleman Fire Department party.
Conferences: Town of Cochrane – workshop
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– The Corporation of the Town of Latchford request support through sponsorship for their W.J.B. Greenwood Provincial Park.
– Association of Municipalities of Ontario advising that the Township of Coleman Gas Tax allocation will be based upon the 2006 Census revised population of 580 for the Agreement extension – 2010 to 2014.
– The Running Link 4th anniversary sale
– NEOnet Wired News
– FCM Communique
– AMO – Report to Members
– Affordability and Choice Today grants
– MFOA – Bulletin
– Recycling Product News
– MPAC – Year-End Schedule
– Canadian Wind Energy Associaton – meddssage
– Temiskaming & Cochrane Ag-E bulletin
– District of Timiskaming Social Services Administration board – minutes
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport Municipal Services Board – minutes
– OPG – 2009 mid year performance report
– The Cobalt Historical Society – report
A discussion was held regarding Mr. Brad Hogg’s, Nordic Ski Club, request for a driver and truck to assist with their work on the weekend. Council advised they would not pay a driver overtime to do this work.
A discussion was held regarding presentations by Committees and Deputations. In the future, written reports will be required by all Committees and Deputations.
Motion 09-10-07 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.