Motion 10-11-24 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillors: A. Chitaroni, L. Perry, P. Tresidder
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Fire Chief: Don Laitinen
By-Law Officer: Ken Jones
Mayor Elect: Dan Cleroux
Councillors Elect: Susan Cote, Cathy Marcella
Present: Doug McLeod, Bill Sutton
Motion 10-11-16 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – November 10, 2010
Special Meeting – November 17, 2010 Carried.
Coleman Fire Department:
– Chief Laitinen thanked Mayor Belanger for laying the wreath during the Remembrance Day Ceremonies on behalf of the Coleman Fire Department
– A practice was held when the Volunteer Firefighters joined the Cobalt Volunteer Fire Department for the burning of a house.
– Chief Laitinen thanked SMC Canada Ltd for the purchase of two tires for the rescue van.
– Chief Laitinen thanked the Mayor and Council for their support during their term.
– A discussion was held regarding the recycling plant located in the municipality. The material is accumulating and both Mr. Jones and Chief Laitinen are concerned with the volume of products. Mr. Jones will address this matter with the owner of the property.
– Mr. Dufresne inspected the roads with Mr. Shawn Saddler, AECOM. Some locations of concern were discovered and are being addressed by the Contractor.
– A beaver dam is located on Coleman Road near the Chevrier residence – Mr. Dufresne will keep an eye on this situation so that it does not create a problem for the road.
Coleman Water Distribution System:
– Agnico-Eagle Mines have completed the rehabilitation of the void located on Lower O’Brien Road
– The Lower O’Brien water installation and road repair should be completed in two weeks or less.
– Mr. Dufresne will address Mr. Ruddy’s complaint and do some repairs to the access road in order to improve the road somewhat until then.
1. OGRA’s have presented municipal concerns at Queen’s Park.
2. Mr. Don Studholme, Chief Administrative Officer for DTSSAB, forwarded the criteria for the municipal representative on the board – this matter to be deferred to the next Council.
Councillor Perry advised a Court Date has been set for Cobalt Refinery on November 25th, 2010, at which time a plea will be entered.
Conferences: Councillor Training – December 20th – the Clerk-Treasurer will request more information for this training.
AMO – Connections Symposium
Ontario West Municipal Conference
Sustainable Communities Conference
Motion 10-11-17 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to pay all accounts presented to the Township up to and including December 31, 2010. Carried.
Motion 10-11-18 MOVED BY A. Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to pay the honorarium to the Property Standards Committee for the year 2010. Carried.
Motion 10-11-19 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Township Auditors be instructed to transfer surplus, if any, for 2010 to working capital reserve account, any deficit be withdrawn from working capital reserve account.
Motion 10-11-20 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the following be appointed Fire Wardens for the Township fo Coleman for the year 2010:
Daryl Dufresne, Pete Nadeau and Brian Bigelow
Claire Bigelow, Daryl Dufresne, Christine Gagnon and Don Laitinen to issue burning permits.
Motion 10-11-21 MOVED BY A. Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to purchase (15 lbs) turkeys for all Members of Council and Township Employees and hams for the Volunteer Firemen.
In addition: 2 turkeys and 1 ham for the Annual Christmas Dinner at the Golden Age Club on December 25th. Carried.
Motion 10-11-22 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Severance Applications B09/10 and B10/10 (Dennis Hakola) be approved with the condition that this portion of Bass Lake Road be surveyed and turned over to the Township of Coleman. Carried.
Motion 10-11-23 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Councillors Perry and Tresidder be authorized to attend the Municipal Finances Seminar offered by Ross Latter and Danielle Girard on December 4, 2010. Carried.
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to pay the 2011 Membership Fee in the amount of $389.85 to AMCTO. Carried.
Copies of correspondence received from Trow regarding Waste Recycling Strategy were distributed to Council for their information.
Mayor Belanger reported on the CCLT meeting held November 22nd. New Council Members were updated and all municipalities were requested to update their profiles by March 2011. The ATV meeting followed – mapping was requested from each municipality. The next meeting will be held December 15th in Temagami.
Council reviewed correspondence received from Mayor Bill Vrebosch of East Ferris Township requesting support for his re-election to ROMA in February.
Copies of the information package regarding Strengthening Ontario’s Leadership In Protecting Water was distributed to Council.
– AMO – Watch File
– Chamber – Chartrand’s
– Healthy Communities – online network launch
– FCM – news
– Chamber – Petals
– College voice
– OHS Canada – fall 2010 Safety Sho[
– Municipal Taxpayer Advocacy Group – Hydro motions
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport Municipal Services Board – minutes
Motion 10-11-25 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to order a hydrant and parts as listed – – quote in the amount of $3,651.70 for the Coleman Water Distribution System
AND FURTHER the price of this purchase to be provided by the Coleman Water Distribution System funding. Carried.
Councillor Perry presented a gift to Mayor Belanger in recognition of her thirty eight years as Councillor and Mayor of the Township of Coleman.
Motion 10-11-25 MOVED BY A. Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.