Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: A. Chitaroni L. Perry P. Tresidder
Council Elect: Dan Cleroux, Susan Cote, Cathy Marcella
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Deputy Clerk Intern: L. Belanger
1. Ministry of Finance – OMPF fourth payment will be processed in November 2010
2. CIBC signing authority change – correspondence authorizing the signing authority change will be forwarded to CIBC effective December 1, 2010.
3. Global Payments Canada – terminal -this matter will deferred to the next Council for consideration.
4. Northern Telephone – details of plans – Council want more information regarding long distance charges.
5. Northern Ontario Business – renewal approved.
6. AMCTO – 2011 Ontario Municipal Directory – Council approved the inclusion of the corporate logo above the listing for 2011.
7. The Plantario Group Ltd – Mayor Belanger read the opinion letter regarding the development of one hectare lots by the municipality.
8. Coleman Water Distribution System – Hydrants & Roads
– Council approved the quotes for the Chevrier laneway and Eden excavation
– The Clerk-Treasurer to request prices for the spare hydrant parts and hydrant
9. Ontario Power Generation – Hound Chute GS – The Clerk-Treasurer to advise Ms. Laurenson that the Generation Station is located within the boundaries of the Town of Latchford.
10. Trailer Park Reassessment – a discussion was held regarding trailer park reassessment as their status has changed from seasonal use to year round use since the election. This matter to be deferred to the next Council for consideration.
– Ontario Hospital Association – news
– MPAC – Municipal Status Report – Enumeration
– OFSC Communications – Snowmobiling Week
– Canadian Employment Law Today
– Municipal Taxpayer Advocacy Group – Hydro
– Chamber – Grand Opening The Orange Pear Cafe
– Chamber – E-newsletter
– FEST Movie
– CIB – New Green for Life Community Award for Schools
– Temagami Community Market – Christmas Bazaar and Luncheon
– MFOA – Bulletin
– Public Consultation on “Environmental Noise Guidelines”
Motion 10-11-15 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder
WHEREAS Section 239 (2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) the security of the property of the municipality or local board;
(b) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local
(c)advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications
necessary for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this part of the meeting be closed to the public.
Motion 10-11-16 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.