Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Municipal Planners: J. L. Richards & Associates
Resident: A. Chitaroni
A meeting was held with Mr. Albert Chitaroni regarding his subdivision application prior to the meeting with Council.
Mr. Chitaroni left the meeting.
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 12-05-16 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of May 8, 2012 as presented. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Matters to be discussed were as follows:
1. Official Plan and Zoning By-Law
A discussion was held regarding the process to update the Official Plan and Zoning By-Law. Ms. Verreault advised Council should wait until such time as the Provincial Policy Statement has been finalized.
Amendments will be required for the new residential lots created on Carriere Road, Bass Lake Road and Airport Road.
Process to amend/update Official Plan and Zoning By-Law will require:
– Initial meeting with Council
– Notice must be given prior to special meeting of Council
– Special Meeting of Council with public
– Background stage looking at population development since last OP
– Recommendations from staff, public, planners
– Two more meetings – to present the draft documents – Official Plan and Zoning By-Law
– other public meeting to adopt the documents
Ms. Verreault will review the definitions of home based businesses and make recommendations.
Discussion was held regarding Bay Lake/Greenwood Park – Burns Trail.
Access to GIS – Ms. Verreault will provide forms for signature and advise about special software.
Ms Verreault will review the Official Plan regarding lot sizes and set up a rural residential zone for the Zoning By-Law.
The Clerk-Treasurer to look the Town of Cobalt application for Official Plan and Zoning By-Law Amendment for the Sharp Lake Park project.
Councillor Cote will summarize issues for the Official Plan review.
A discussion was held regarding the development of a business plan for future funding applications for municipal road upgrades.
Mr. Ranta advised the following would be required:
– Chart or catalogue the roads
– Amount of residences on each road, measure traffic volume, address busier roads.
– Identification – local road, traffic and reliance for fire and emergency vehicles
– Lane kilometres of road
– Busier roads have priority
– Identify deficiencies (culverts, tracks, safety concerns) – critical for emergency vehicles
– Cost – based on lane kilometres of roadway – approximately $10,000.00 would begin project – build the data base
– Application for funding can be done very quickly – approximately $1,500.00.
Design would identify chief design issues – safety
Council requested a five year infrastructure plan – set price on upgrading specific or part of roads. This project would take approximately 2 months.
Councillor Marcella will prepare required information package for this project.
3. Bass Lake
Mr. Ranta will visit the Bass Lake site in order to come up with a plan for future development in that area.
An airstrip project would require the following:
– conformity with Federal regulations,
– a noise study,
– Official Plan and Zoning By-Law amendments
– Separation and distance – set backs – will have to be considered
– Road access would have to be provided
5. Duval Property
Mr. Duval had previously requested a minor variance for his new construction on his Bass Lake property. A zoning by-law amendment will also be required.
Ms. Verreault advised this variance should be registered on title for future owners.
Mr. Duval should complete this process prior to being given a building permit.
6. Chitaroni Property
Mayor Cleroux recommended that Mr. Ranta visit the Chitaroni site to make recommendations regarding Road A. Mr. Ranta will identify concerns/areas that are deficient based on the requirements made by Mr. Butch Windsor and Mr. George Kemp. Council approved the request.
7. Touring Exercise
Mr. Ranta and Ms. Verreault will drive the municipal roads to familiarize themselves with the municipality.
Motion 12-05-17 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.