Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Clerk Intern L. Belanger
Copies of the following were distributed to Council:
1. “Ontario Progressive Conservative ‘Change book’ Platform Released – Highlights of Municipal Policies”.
2. AECOM – Coleman Township Watermain updated Deficiency List and Work Memo 16.
3. Proposed Hall Rental Policy and Agreement.
Bass Lake Park
– Council approved Colleen Belanger’s request for use of the chalet for a family reunion from 12:00 noon to early evening on August 14th, 2011 – cost $50.00.
– Council denied Mike Semmel’s request to hold his wedding at Bass Lake Beach in 2012.
– There will be no charge for one additional tent for individuals renting a cabin
– Water will be turned on for the lodge.
– Mr. Steve Novosel is authorized to purchase a mattress for cabin 5
– the Clerk-Treasurer is authorized to purchase two flagpole kits for the park – Cost $169.99 each.
Motion 11-05-28 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
WHEREAS Section 239 (2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees
(b) advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:25 p.m. to discuss the following matter:
l. Duval Property Carried.
Motion 11-05-29 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 6:25 p.m. without a report. Carried.
Council reviewed tenders submitted for the construction of Mud Lake Road and levelling corners on Carriere Road.
Motion 11-05-30 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT: Council of the Corporation of the Township of Coleman accept Alvin Caldwell Sand & Gravel Ltd. Quote to remove, load and haul stumps for the construction of Mud Lake Road, and to remove stumps to level the corner along Gillies Lake Road North, in the amount of $13,908. Plus HST. Carried.
Work Foreman Dufresne will be required to indicate where the road is to be located for the Contractor.
Future tenders will be worded by Council and will be advertised in the local newspaper.
Council reviewed Mr. Ted McCullough’s complaint regarding garbage being dumped on Victor’s Way and at the gravel pit. Work Foreman will visit the area to investigate where the garbage originates, take pictures and post “No Dumping” signs at the beginning of the road and at the site.
– HazMat – Headline News
– Chamber of Commerce – Rotary Rose Day
– Showcasing Water Innovation Program
– Operator Certification e-Bulletin – Spring 2011
– Northeastern Ontario Water Works Conference – 47th Annual
– New iapp for the Rural Candians Guide to Programs and Services
– OGRA – Minimum Maintenance Standards Litigation – Status Report
Free Webinar on the Endangered Species Act
Heads Up Alert – municipal bridge data
– Public Services Health & Safety Association – Network News
– AMO – Watch File
– JF invited to A Community Conversation – June 16th, 2011
– Chamber of Commerce – The Inspired Living Retreat
– FCM Communique – news
Environmental Trends CESI Newsletter & Latest Trends in Canada’s Water Quality
– Public Libraries – what you need to know as a municipal councillor
– LAS – 2010 report
– LED Roadway Lighting
– Ontario Infrastructure Ontario – loan program
Motion 11-05-31 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.