REGULAR MEETING MINUTES May 26, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Monday, May 26th, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillors: S. Cote
Works Foreman: B. Bigelow
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
By-Law Officer: K. Jones
Present: Mary Church, Carolyn Chevrier, Jack Church, Jack Birtch, Michelle Lamoureux and
Deputation: Temiskaming Foundation
Mrs. Carolyn Chevrier
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 14-05-24 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of May 26th, 2014 as presented: Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Mayor Cleroux declared a conflict of interest with matters dealing with SMC Diggers.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
Motion 14-05-25 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – May 5, 2014
Special Meetings – May 5th and 12th, 2014 Carried.
Motion 14-05-26 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE General Accounts in the amount of $23,563.35 be passed and paid. Carried.
IN CAMERA (CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 14-05-27 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject Matter being considered is:
(c) a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:02 p.m. to discuss the following matter; Offer of Purchase
By-Law Department Carried.
Motion 14-05-28 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 6:11 p.m. without a report. Carried. Minutes – Draft Only REGULAR MEETING MINUTES May 26, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Motion 14-15-29*MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the By-Law Officer’s Report Submitted by Mr. Ken Jones, as presented: Carried.
Mr. Jack Birtch provided a history of the Temiskaming Foundation and its goals for the communities.
The Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, has begun work on a plan to service and connect every community in Canada. Mr. Birtch invited the Township of Coleman to join in the Smart & Caring Communities campaign. This would provide an opportunity to establish a fund that is dynamic and flexible for our municipality. Council agreed to consider the Temiskaming Foundation’s request.
Mrs. Carolyn Chevrier was in attendance to ask for a clean up of areas at the main valve at the end of her driveway, the access road to her residence and assistance with the burdock situation adjacent to her property. Council agreed to review these concerns and advise Ms. Chevrier.
Mrs. Belinda Beairsto advised Councillor Marcella that she would be visiting camps to see what can be done regarding recycling at their sites. Mrs. Beairsto also enquired about a site at the municipal waste site where residents can deposit their recycling materials. Mrs. Beairsto will be invited to attend the next regular meeting to review this matter.
Mr. Bigelow advised that, due to the excessive amount of work to be done, Council should consider hiring an extra worker to assist with the Summer work. Consideration will be given to hiring a Bass Lake Attendant who could perform repairs as well as maintenance at the site. Council advised that Mr. Bigelow needs to identify strategy for work to be done in the Summer.
Motion 14-05-30 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Works Department Report submitted by Mr. Brian Bigelow, as presented: Carried.
Municipal Service Provider
Mayor Cleroux read the Mr. Garett Hunting’s report for April 2014.
Motion 14-05-31 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Municipal Service Provider Report submitted by Mr. Garett Hunting, as presented. Carried.
– Council reviewed quotes received for roof repair –
The Clerk-Treasurer to request more detail from a Contractor
– Fire Department WSIB coverage will remain at $45,000.00 ea.
– Work’s Department hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m.
– All municipal employees will take the Health and Safety Awareness Training prior to July 1st.
– The Clerk-Treasurer to look a minimum tax for the Township of Coleman
– The Clerk-Treasurer to request a quote from the municipal Planners for the preliminary work for the Official Plan review. Minutes – Draft Only Continued (3) REGULAR MEETING MINUTES May 26, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Motion 14-05-32 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Administration Report submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer, as presented: Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MIN UTES
Flood waters have abated on the Montreal River – Flood Watch has been removed.
Council will review the following policies for the next regular meeting
– Elected Officials Ipad Policy
– Community Hall Policy
– Return to Work
– Workplace Inspection Procedure
The Clerk-Treasurer will attend the NEOnet – CGIS meeting to be held June 11th, 2014.
Conferences – Financial Reporting Webinar Series
Property Entry and RMO/RMI Clean Water Act
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– OPP billing model – Baldwin Township
Township of Harris
Township of The Archipelago
– Township of Muskoka Lakes’ concerns with the Land Titles Electronic Registry System in Ontario.
– Request for donation to assist with the 5th Annual SMC Fun Day to be held August 2nd, 2014
– Latchford Dam Replacement Project meeting to be held June 11th, 2014
– Cement Association of Canada regarding the Ontario Building Code’s proposed changes to permit the construction of six-storey wood frame buildings.
– SCM Notifier regarding the 2014 National Fire Chief of the Year Awards
– AMO’s correspondence regarding Canadian Anti Spam Legislation
Temiskaming Municipal Building Association – Proposed Permit Fee Changes
Motion 14-05-33 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of The Corporation of the Township of Coleman acknowledge receipt of the correspondence from the Chief Building Official and do hereby approve the Proposed Fee increase in Farm Structure building permits, conditional to the approval of the majority of the municipalities served by the Temiskaming Municipal Building Association. Carried.
Ontario Northland – Agreement
The Clerk-Treasurer to request more information from Ontario Northland regarding the agreement and forward same to the municipal lawyer for his opinion.
CGIS – Ontario Road Network Data Sharing Agreement
Motion 14-05-34 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Mayor Dan Cleroux be authorized to sign the Ontario Road Network Data Sharing Agreement on behalf of The Corporation of the Township of Coleman. Carried. Minutes – Draft Only REGULAR MEETING MINUTES May 26, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
The Clerk-Treasurer presented the April 2014 financial report.
– The Classic Theatre – thank you.
– Christine Raby – In-Camera Meetings
– Brian Mergelas – Water TAP Monthly Enews
– Cleantech Canada – update
– InfraCycle Fiscal Solutions – newsletter
– Lancaster House – Topic Surveys, Complimentary Issue, headlines
– Lakehead Social Planning council – 211 North Information Centre
– AMCTO – Municipal Minutes
– The Weekly Detour
– Jostle – Local Government Needs Engaged Employees
– Orderline – Ont. Building Code
– HazMat – update
– Ontario Trails Council – e-news
– NOSM Strategic Plan – update
– Northeastern Ontario Tourism – newsletter
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport – minutes & financial
– College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario – Award
– Watson & Associates – newsletter
– AMO – Watch File
– Recycling Product – news
– FONOM NOACC – Media Release
– Ontario Energy Board – Municipal Resolutions
– Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat – Ontario Seniors’ Month
– OGRA – Rural Transportation Forums
Motion 14-05-35 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.
25532 – void – WRONG AMOUNT
25533 – Accuracy Environmenta 39.55
25534 – Birnie Law Firm 2,378.00
25535 – City of Timmins 155.68
25536 – Coleman Fire Department 43.96
25537 – Devost’s Valumart 257.75
25538 – Gabbani Courier Service 86.28
25539 – Hydro One 2,329.77
25540 – J.L. Richards & Associates Ltd. 3,080.67
25541 – Kemp Pirie – Sharp Lake 1,988.80
25542 – Kemp Pirie – Tax Arrears 195.97
25543 – Linde Canada Ltd 91.75
25544 – Munisoft 113.00 Minutes – Draft Only REGULAR MEETING MINUTES May 26, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
25545 – Municipal Service Provider 555.30
25546 – North Cobalt Flea Market 47.41
25547 – Northern Tel Mobility 236.78
GENERAL ACCOUNTS continued
25548 – Owl Lite 657.77
25549 – Pioneer Diesel Injection Ltd 41.66
25550 – Prism Publishing 88.14
25551 – Red Stallion 49.09
25552 – Rona Ontario 251.46
25553 – SMC Canada Ltd. 220.00
25554 – Staples 27.87
25555 – St. Patrick School 150.00
25556 – Temiskaming Speaker 124.30
25557 – Temiskaming Plastics Inc Ltd 2,359.76
25558 – Temiskaming Office Pro 34.11
25559 – Township of Coleman 2,929.30
25560 – Tri Town Automotive Ind. Supply 52.75
25561 – TSC Stores 546.68
25562 – Uniforms 257.64
25563 – Wayne’s Garage 1,161.00
25564 – Wilson Chevrolet Buick GMC 35.38
25565 – Xerox Canada Ltd 1,491.05
25566 – Ken Jones 50.00
25567 – Christine Gagnon 216.00
25568 – Northern Tel 379.10
25569 – Ontera 21.31
25570 – Uniongas 818.31