Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Present: Darcy Ryan, Remax Town and Country
Motion 08-05-13 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
WHEREAS this meeting deals with a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board;
AND WHEREAS this meeting deals with personal matters about identifiable individuals including municipal or local board employees;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting be closed to the public. Carried.
Mayor Belanger opened the meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Present: Town of Latchford: Peter Davies
Mayor Davies advised the Town of Latchford benefited from the Township of Coleman Timber Harvesting Project although the project did identify the fact that the Neighbourhood Trails are located on a parcel owned by the Township of Coleman. Grant Forest Products agreed not to cut the timber on this parcel in exchange for the use of Murphy Mill Road by the logging trucks. Mayor Davies advised the Town of Latchford would like to acquire this particular parcel. It is the Town of Latchford’s intention to link this trail to other Latchford Trails. Coleman Council were not interested in selling the parcel but have no objection to the use of the parcel and have no intention of destroying the trails providing it remains a multi use trail i.e. walkers, bicycles, 4 wheelers. The Clerk-Treasurer to forward a letter to the Town of Latchford advising them of Council’s decision.
Some Murphy Mill Road residents were concerned with increased traffic on the road.
– They requested that a “Stop” sign be erected on the road coming off the Private Road onto Murphy Mill Road. Council agreed.
– Residents were concerned with the possible development of a gravel pit on Crown Land in this area. Council advised they have no immediate plans to develop a gravel pit or haul gravel on Murphy Mill Road.
– Latchford Council requested that Coleman Council consider widening Murphy Mill Road to the Private Road. Works Foreman, Daryl Dufresne, will visit the site and report to Council. Council will then make a decision.
Latchford Council Members left and a short meeting continued.
The Northeastern Ontario Recreation Association will hold a Community Development Strategies Workshop on Monday, June 2nd, 2008.
D-Tek-Tion Security System Inc. have submitted an estimated to provide security to the Fire Hall – cost $1,070.00. Council approved the estimate.
The Cobalt Mining Museum forwarded a “thank you” letter for the Township of Coleman’s donation toward hiring a summer student for the upcoming tourist season.
Council reviewed correspondence received from the Region of Niagara regarding their resolution on Alternative Approach to Blue Box Funding Model.
St. Cyr & Associates will host their 10th Annual golf Tournament on July 17th, 2008.
Council reviewed correspondence received from Jose Baltazar regarding the problem of solid garbage.
Council reviewed correspondence received from the District of Timiskaming Social Services Administration Board regarding Board Refunds $594,000 to Member Municipalities and the 2007 Audited Financial Statements.
The Ministry of Natural Resources have advised Kim Groenendyk will be replacing Mr. Dave Payne as District Manager in North Bay for approximately 8 months.
A discussion was held regarding the future direction of the Township of Coleman in view of the Strategic Planning Session held in March.
– Timiskaming Health Unit – West Nile Virus 2008 Surveillance Program.
– Health & Safety – May newsletter
– AMO – Provincial Government’s Solar Task Force Seeks Input
– OMERS – Supplemental Plan Information Sessions & Member News
– NEOnet Wired News – May
– Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind – newsletter
– Ontario AgriCentre – Information Resource
– Laurentian University – Research Magazine
Motion 08-05-14 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.