Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson, A. Chitaroni, L. Perry, P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Motion 10-5-15 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
WHEREAS Section 239 (2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(c) a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board;
– Old Fire Hall Property
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this part of the meeting be closed to the public. Carried.
Mayor re-opened the meeting.
1. Mayor Belanger signed the NOHFC Intern Application.
2. Grant Forest Products Inc. – Consent to Assignment of Contract – deferred to the next meeting
– Councillor Chitaroni is opposed to the Consent to Assignment of Contract.
3. Council reviewed Plantario’s correspondence regarding the Highway Commercial Land Official Plan
4. Councillor Perry will look into the TMBA logo
– Temiskaming Shores & area Chamber of Commerce – Annual Dinner
– Environment Canada’s Weather Watch/Warmin Program
– Temiskaming Art Gallery – A Hillside Luncheon
– Energize your Community Conference
– Norman Doiron – A copy of the Property Standards By-Law will be forwarded to Mr. Doiron.
– Copies of the following were provided to Council for their information:
– Can WEA’s commitment to community engagement
– Renewable Energy Key to Stable Economic Future 3
– Council reviewed correspondence received from the Government of Ontario regarding Senior Achievement Award
– The Clerk-Treasurer will register Mr. Daryl Dufresne with the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office.
– A public meeting will be held with the Coleman Water Distribution System Users on May 31st, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.
– Council finalized the review for the proposed 2010 budget.
– Chamber – Electronic North
– FCM- Member Advisory
– AMO Watch File
– Coffee with Anthony
– AMCTO – Local Government Week 2010
– MNDM&F – Five new companies open in Timiskaming – Cochrane
Motion 10-05-16 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.