Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
Clerk Intern: L. Belanger
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Councillor Pat Tresidder declared a conflict of interest with matters relating to the financing of the water distribution system.
1. Coleman Water Distribution System – costs. Councillor Marcella reviewed a document prepared by Mrs. Claire Bigelow, Clerk-Treasurer, regarding the expenses, balance remaining, administration, and loan assumptions for the project. Mrs. Belanger will contact CIBC to inquire about a 10 year open loan. Councillor Marcella reviewed the impact of financing over five years on the budget.
2. Surface Treatment of municipal roads. Council reviewed correspondence from AECOM regarding surface treatment for areas within the municipal water project. Two situations were discussed and council agreed with situation one, with several exceptions. Councillor Marcella and Roads Foreman Dufresne will meet with Bruce McMullan, AECOM for review.
Council is aware that approximately 2,000 truckloads of lumber is expected to be hauled on Coleman Road. There is concern that the traffic will break up new surface treatment. Mrs. Belanger will schedule a meeting with Al Legros, Georgia Pacific, to discuss.
Council approved the final application of surface treatment on Gillies Lake road and on a portion of Portage Bay Road for $64,400, from Miller Paving.
Milage 104 cannot be surfaced treated until frost heaves are removed.
Councillor Cote is not prepared to surface treat additional roads until the Larose Bridge surplus funds ($121,279.17) are guaranteed, or until revenue is generated through property development.
Council discussed double surface treatment on Marsh Bay Road, Portage Bay Road and Townsite Road for $126,392. Councillor Marcella recommended the roads be completed with the Larose Bridge funds, and the Township pay for the remaining cost. The Municipality with realize cost savings from reduced road maintenance.
3. Property Development: Mrs. Belanger will schedule a meeting with Mary Church, Remax Realtor, to discuss potential lots on Bass Lake Road. Council will proceed with the development on Mud Lake. Roads Foreman Dufresne will obtain quotes for the excavation and the disposal of stumps.
Mrs. Belanger will contact an appraiser for the lodge located at the Bass Lake Resort and Trailer Park. Council discussed the possibility of selling the Lodge.
1 Reviewed correspondence relating to a notice of intention to perform assessment work (NIPAW) on unpatented mining claims, for the purpose of identifying calcite veins. The NIPAW serves as the notice to enter upon land. Council recognized and agreed to the notice.
– St. Cyr & Associates – 12th Annual Golf Tournament
– 2011 Annual Safety and Security Leadership Conference
– THU – Municipal Alcohol Policy Workshop
– OCWA – Spring 2011 of Water Line
– Canadian Environmental Protection – News Headline
– HazMat – headline news
– OTS Information
– MNDM&F – Confederaiton College to Build BioEnergy Centre
– New Road and Cell Infrastructure Brings North Together
– OGRA Information
– Chamber of Commerce – newsletter
– AMO communications
– MMAH: Showcasing Water Innovation
Motion 11-05-11 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Sue Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.