Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, May 13th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
L. Perry L. Neil
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 13-05-14 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approved the agenda for the regular meeting of May 13th, 2013.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Motion 13-05-15 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 13-22 being a by-law to provide for the adoption of tax rates be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 13-05-16 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 13-22 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
6. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Meeting with Jeff St.Cyr, Debrina Insurance
– Mr. St. Cyr did not come in for the meeting.
2 CBRE Limited – Lease No. L01102
– Telephoned CBRE Limited and was advised that there is no building erected on this particular parcel – will wait for further communication.
3. City of Brampton – Veterans Affairs Canada – Hire a Veteran Program
– Council reviewed correspondence.
7. NEW BUSINESS
1. Story Environmental Inc. – Notification and Public Information Session for the 36569 Yukon Inc. Refinery Project to be held May 14, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
7. NEW BUSINESS continued
2. Marie Gutscher – Lower O’Brien Road
– Council reviewed correspondence provided by Mrs. Gutscher regarding garbage being deposited along Lower O`Brien Road. Mr. Jones, By-Law Officer, will visit the site to see what needs to be done. The Clerk-Treasurer to thank Mrs. Gutscher to notifying the Township.
3. Ministry of Labour – Pit Inspection
There are no issues in respect to Coleman pit.
4. Flags Order
– The Clerk-Treasurer to order 10 municipal flags
5. Land Clearing – Waste Site Fees
– Council agreed to reduce the fees for new property owners who are clearing their land prior to building their residence.
6. TransCanada Pipeline – Energy East Pipeline Project
– Council reviewed correspondence announcing the commencement of an open season for the Energy East Pipeline Project.
7. Road Plan
– Reviewed the 2013 road plan and information bulletin which will be inserted in the July newsletter. The road off Bass Lake leading to Jeunesse en March will be named Cassidy Lane.
8. Dragon Boat Race
– The Dragon Boat Race will be held July 5th and 6th, 2013. The Committee is soliciting fire departments to enter a boat in the race – $1,500.00 per boat.
9. Mrs. Carolyn Chevrier – `burdock`complaint
– Council reviewed Mrs. Chevrier`s correspondence regarding her concern with the `burdock`spreading adjacent to her property. The Clerk-Treasurer to contact AECOM and Councillor Neil will look for information on this aggressive plant.
– ES.SE OEE info.bulletin
– Quest – news
– AMCTO – municipal minute, OMERS Information
– The Weekly Detour
– Ontario Trails – news
– HazMat – update
– AMO – Confeence, Watch File, Breaking News, Policy Update
– Sustainable Municipal Pipelines
– CUI Events
– THU – Building Healthy Communities
– Cassels Brock – E-lert
– MAH – Rent Reductions
– Debbie Conway – Min ers & Families Commemorative Day Invitation
– Ontario Provincial Police – Financial Impact
– Wind Facts
– The Working Forest
IN CAMERA(CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 13-05-17 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject Matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 7:00 p.m. to discuss the following matter; Doctor’s Contract
Fire Department Carried.
Motion 13-05-18 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 7:40 p.m. without a report. Carried.
Motion 103-05-19 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.