SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES March 31, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of ColemanMayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote
K. Laffrenier C. Marcella
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Ken Laffrenier:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the special meeting of March 31st, 2015 as presented with the following additions: Recycling, Election procedure for Fire Department. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Temiskaming Nordic Ski Club
– Council approved the Temiskaming Nordic Ski Club’s request to have their grant, for the construction of an addition to the chalet, flow through the Township of Coleman providing they following the parameters of the Frog’s Breath Foundation.
– Council deferred the Temiskaming Nordic Ski SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES March 31, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
Club’s request for financial assistance until such time as they finalize the 2015 budget process.
2.Council reviewed correspondence received from the Town of Aurora and the Township of Southgate regarding Bill 52., The Protection of Public Participation Act.
3.The Town of Cobalt’s FIT Project matter is deferred to the next meeting of Council.
4.The Chitaroni Subdivision Agreement will be forward to the Municipal Planner for review.
1.Conferences – PSHSA training
2015 Weed Inspectors’ Conference
Northern Ontario Bioeconomy Strategy
NEW BUSINESS continued
Morion 15-03-33 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the corporation of the Township of Coleman approves signing the FedNor agreement regarding CMR ( Communities of the Montreal Ripver Project, and approve the townshp of Coleman’s portion of the porject cost, with the Town of Latchford, Timiskaming First Nation and Temagami First Nation of Twelve Hundred and Twenty Five dollars ($1,225.00). Carried. SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES March 31, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
3. New OPP Billing Model – The Temiskaming Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Policy will be making a group information session regarding the implemented new billing model on
January 1, 2015.
4. TMA & TeMAG
Council reviewed Mayor George Lefebvre’s discussion notes with Mr. Bill Rayburn CAO, Middlesex County regarding establishing a levy system to recover funding from both municipalities and the unincorporated.
5. LED Lighting
The Clerk-Treasurer reported on a meeting local Clerks regarding LED Lighting being considered by local municipalities. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise the City of Temiskaming Shores to include the Township of Coleman numbers in the Request for Proposal for the purchase of LED light and the installation of the lights.
6. Mayor Cleroux will request more information from Ms. Belinda Beairsto, Ecologix, regarding recyclable materials.
7. The next annual meeting of the Fire Department will be held some time in May 2015.
8. 2015 Preliminary Budget
Council reviewed the budget. The Clerk-Treasurer to prepare a financial report for employee wages and benefits.
– AMCTO – Municipal Minute, Municipal Licensing & Law Enforcement Forum
– AMO Communications – Watch File, Policy Update
– Accessibility Diectorate of Ontario – 10th Anniversary
– Cleantech Canada – update
– Communications – Let’s Challenge Racism every day – HazMat – Off the Rails SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES March 31, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport – Minutes & Financial report
– Graham Zeisner – Training Event
– HR Advantage – newsletter
– HazMat – Off the Rails
– IPAC – newsletter
– Lancaster House – session, headlines, Complimentary Issue
– Ministry of Energy – message
– Northeastern Ontario Recreation Association – presenters
– Ontario Good Roads Association – E-News,
– Ontario Tire Stewardship – Claim, notice, reminder
– Ontario Trails Council – sessions, member news
– R-Word Campaign – update
– Recycling News
– Northern Ontario’s Business Information
– The Working Forest
Motion 15-03-34 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Ken Laffrenier:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn.Carried. SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES March 31, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________