Minutes – REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 24, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Monday, March 24th, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillors: S. Cote
Fire Chief: D. Laitinen
Clerk-Treasurer C. Bigelow
By-Law Officer: K. Jones
Present: Jim Patrick
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 14-03-12 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of March 24th, 2014 as presented: Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
Motion 11-03-13 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – March 10, 2014 Carried.
Motion 14-03-14 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE General Accounts in the amount of $28,012.36 be passed and paid. Carried.
Chief Laitinen advised
– the Coleman Fire Department attended a fire in Latchford on March 1st and one call in the Town of Cobalt in search of a missing boy on March 6th.
– He attended the Northern Fire Education Conference last weekend – it was very educational. Meticulous records must be kept in each fire department in order to meet the requirements.
– Chief Laitinen and Cobalt’s Fire Chief will be discussing automatic aid between the Township of Coleman and the Town of Cobalt.
– There is question of the location of boundary line between Cobalt and Coleman at the Cobalt Ball Park. Mayor Cleroux will look into this matter.
– The Coleman Volunteer Fire Department will hold a very aggressive Smoke Alarm Campaign in the Township this year.
– the Food Bank Drive will be held this Saturday – the fire hall will be maned so that residents can drop off supplies.
– Chief Laitinen will look into Worker’s Compensation for Volunteers and will check all Driver’s Licences. Minutes – Draft Only Continued (2) REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 24, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Motion 14-03-15 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Fire Department Report submitted by Chief Don Laitinen, as presented. Carried.
Mr. Jones advised he has delivered the “garbage” by-law to the Provincial Offences Office.
Motion 14-03-16 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the By-Law Department Report submitted by Mr. Ken Jones, as presented. Carried.
– The Clerk-Treasurer to request that an “I Cloud” be set up in the I pad prior to scheduling a date for the tutorial.
– MPAC advised that the 2014 forecasted assessment growth is $1.6 million for the Township of Coleman
– Road Plan – Murphy Mill Road – Council will look at resurfacing this portion of road in the Spring.
– Marsh Bay Road Residents will be advised to be cautious when building their new homes.
– A minor accident occurred with small plow truck when plowing out a Nipissing roadway.
– A Mileage 104 residents is inquiring about setting up a home business. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise that all Provincial, Fire Code and Zoning By-Law regulations must be adhered to with the venture.
– Councillor Neil will provide addresses to obtain certificates for a 60th Wedding Anniversary.
– The Clerk-Treasurer will look into adding outstanding water accounts to tax payers’ taxes.
Motion 14-03-17 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Administration Report submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer, as presented: Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MIN UTES
Mayor Cleroux reported on the Montreal River Pre-Freshet meeting held March 12th, 2014. The Ministry of Natural Resources advised moisture levels in the snow are normal for this time of the year. A regular thaw should not create problems. Mayor Cleroux will informed as he receives information as the Spring thaw progresses. Mayor Cleroux suggested that sandbags be purchased between the Town of Latchford and the Township of Coleman. Mayor Cleroux will discuss this matter with Mayor Lefebvre.
The Clerk-Treasurer to invite Mr. Jeff St. Cyr to attend a meeting to discuss the Municipal Employee Insurance package.
The Cobalt Sharpe Lake Archaeological Potential for Solar PV Site has been deferred until such time at the Town of Cobalt is prepared to move forward with the project.
Council reviewed the Employee Manual. Mayor Cleroux commended Councillor Marcella for her excellent work on the manual and policies.
– Municipal Employees are to submit their holiday schedule for 2014.
– The Clerk-Treasurer to enquire if the Waste Site Attendant is allowed to keep the proceeds from scrap sold at the Waste Site. Should he be advising Council of the proceeds.
– The Clerk-Treasurer will look into financial accountability regarding mileage payment. Minutes – Draft Only Continued (3) REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 24, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Council will review the policies which have been forwarded to them.
Conference – 2014 OAFC Municipal Officials Seminar.
– 2014 Municipal budget
Motion 14-03-18 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of The Corporation of the Township of Coleman approves the 2014 Municipal Budget as presented with a 2% decrease in the tax rate. Carried.
Request for Donations approved in 2014 budget – Bunker Military Museum
Cobalt Coleman Latchford & Area Food Bank
Council reviewed the following OPP Funding Model – Seguin Township
Township of Carlow/Mayo
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– IGNITE Ontario Invitation for Applications
– Federal Gas Tax Update
– Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration – Lincoln M. Alexander Award 2014
– Ontario Power Authority Community Conservation Awards
– Miss Northern Ontario Pageant 2014 sponsorship
The Clerk-Treasurer to request wording for the Municipal Complex roof repair tender from J. L. Richards Associates.
Copies of the Town of Cobalt’s Municipal Summary Report and Annual Compliance Report for the Cobalt Water Treatment Facility for the year 2013 were distributed to Council.
Mayor Cleroux will look into installing security cameras at the Municipal Complex.
Councillor Marcella presented the February financial report. Mayor Cleroux advised that the Clerk-Treasurer should take over the financial reporting as of March 2014.
The Clerk-Treasurer to invite Ms. Janice McPherson, CIBC, to attend a meeting to update Council with respect to municipal investment.
The Clerk-Treasurer to ask Mr. Bryan Searle, MMAH, to attend a meeting in order to discuss “meetings” and what is considered a meeting.
– John Vanthof – The Use of Utility Transportation vehicles (UTVs) on Class 2 Highways
– Autism Ontario’s Raise the Flag Campaign – April 2nd, 2014
– AMO – OPP Steering Committee Update, Watch File, Update
– InfraCycle Fiscal Solutions – newsletter
– Ron Nowakowski – green heating Minutes – Draft Only REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 24, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
– Brian Mergelas – Water TAP March Enews
– The Weekly Detour
– AMCTO- Proposed New Municipal Accountability Measures, Municipal Minute
– City of Temiskaming Shores – Official Plan – Notice of Adoption
– HazMat – update
– Ontario Trails Council – news
– FONOM – Age-Friendly Community Planning
– MNR – Annual Work Schedule
– Investigation Enforcement Directors’ Council invitation
– Eleanor McMahon – Omnibus Legislation
– OMERS – update, Employer Conference
– Graham Zeisner – Finding & Recovering Ditches
– IPAC – newsletter
– Trenchless International – news
– TransCanada – Issue 1
– Lancaster House – update
– Recycling – news
– OGRA – Road School
– Northeastern Ontario Recreation Association – update
– Temiskaming Municipal Association – Agenda & Minute
– CUI – magazine
Motion 14-03-169 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.
25404 Howard Berry 632.50
25405 Christine Gagnon 250.00
25406 Accuracy Environmental 39.55
25407 Doctor Diesel 1,272.85
25408 Earlton-Tem Regional Airport 2,894.00
25409 Fountain Tire (New Liskeard) 8,006.87
25410 Gabe’s Auto Inc. 11.84
25411 Hydro One 105.71
25412 Hydro One 83.84
25413 J.L. Richards & Associates 5,609.19
25414 Linde Canada Ltd 91.75
25415 Miniser of Finance – OPP 4,926.00
25416 Northern Tel 379.10
25417 Purolator Courier Ltd 16.92
25418 Temiskaming Speaker 241.82
25419 Temiskaming Emergency Services 180.00
25420 Tri-Town Automotive Inc. 280.91
25421 Uniongas 1,612.66
25422 Clear Connect 1,376.85
TOTAL $28,012.36 Minutes – Draft Only CLERK-TREASURER MAYOR REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 24, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________