Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Clerk Intern L. Belanger
Also Present: Andre Belanger, Bud Berry, Trina & Eve Breault, Jim O’Brien, Darren Ridley
Mayor Cleroux declared a pecuniary interest in regards to the SMC (Canada) Ltd. work permit application.
SMC (Canada) Ltd – Presentation regarding Work Permit Application:
Mr. Andre Belanger presented a Power Point presentation to Council regarding the updates and expansion to Coleman Road and to the Dams on the Tailings Pond and Polishing Pond. The road and dams will be raised and improved to meet provincial standards, i.e. withstand a “Timmins Flood” (eight inches of rain).
SMC operations and sampling were explained and reports were viewed and discussed.
Mr. Darren Ripley (Trow) explained the development of a site plan for the MNR application for a Certificate of Approval (C of A).
Marsh Bay Conservation Association Update & Latchford Dam Concerns:
Mr. Jim O’Brien provided background information on the MNR Water Management Guidelines in relation to OPG’s operations of Hound Chute Dam on the Montreal River.
The Marsh Bay Conservation Committee wrote a letter to Public Works Canada addressing their concerns on the state of the Latchford Control Dam, and requests Council to write a letter outlining similar concerns.
Advise Bob Aubin, MNR, that a letter has been sent to Public Works Canada.
Mayor Cleroux requests a letter be sent to the ONR requesting the cleanup of railroad ties.
Motion 11-03-21 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Commercial Blanket Bond Package covering Township employees, Members of Council, Members of all Board, Commissions, Committees (Marsh Bay Conservation Association) appointed by and under the jurisdiction of Council is covered in the Comprehensive Township Insurance Policy.
1. Conferences -Green Timiskaming
Timiskaming Healthy Community Video Conf Plan
2. St. James Anglican Church – request for cabinets. Council will donate the two office cabinets to the Church.
3. Town of Cobalt – Municipal Summary Report for the Cobalt Water Treatment Facility
Annual Compliance Report for the Cobalt Water Treatment Facility
Motion 11-03-22 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
WHEREAS The Corporation of the Town of Cobalt has submitted the Annual Compliance Report and the Municipal Summary Report for the Cobalt Water Treatment Facility;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Coleman has read the Annual Compliance Report and the Municipal Summary Report for the Cobalt Water Treatment Facility;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Coleman approves the Corporation of the Town of Cobalt’s Annual Compliance Report for the Cobalt Water Treatment Facility for the year 2010 and the Municipal Summary Report for the Cobalt Water Treatment Facility for the year 2010.
4. FFAO Messenger – Volunteer Firefighter Retirement Age. Council will Table until the next meeting.
5. Alisha Yee – participation in Earth Hour. Council read letter.
1. Follow-up with Kevin Pickerton, MNR, about the W.J.B. Greenwood Park
2. Discussed AECOM letter with final Water Project figures and surface treatment figures. Council will meet to discuss and to develop by-laws.
3. Reviewed correspondence from the Cobalt Public School meeting, held on March 21, 2011.
4. Clean-up week is scheduled for the week after the long-weekend in May.
5. Councillor Cote requests site meetings in preparation for updating the Official Plan. Official plan meeting discussions to begin in April 2011.
6. Council to review animal control by-law.
– Natural Resources Canada – Idle-Free Zone
– Ministry of Natural Resources – Inspection – public notice- Sudbury Forest Temagami Management Unit
– MFOA – Bulletin
– AMO – Watch File
– Ministry of Infrastructure – Growth Plan for Northern Ontario, 2011
– Town of Kirkland Lake – Caribou Positions – Submission to MNR
– TeMAG – minutes & financial
– HazMat – headline news
– Mayor Town of the Blue Mountains – Waste Watcher
– World Water Day, March 22, 2011
– Canada Post 2011 Literacy Awards
– Communities in Bloom.
Motion 11-03-23 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.