Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, March 18th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: A. Chitaroni
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Financial Officer: L. Gannon
Elk Lake Community Forest George Lefebvre
Economic Development Committee: D. Cleroux
A lengthy discussion was held regarding the acquisition of Crown Land on Bay Lake. Mr. Barton explained that the Temagami Primary Land Use Document, released in 1997, controlled this area of the Township and will affect the proposed purchase of land. Since this portion of land is now part of the Township of Coleman and due to the present economic conditions, it may be possible to
amend the document to permit the purchase of these parcels. Mr. Barton provided Council with a copy of the Kittson Lake Management Area Description to be attached to the minutes. Mr. Barton and Mr. Lefebvre will prepare a proposal for Council’s review and approval.
The Clerk-Treasurer to arrange a meeting Minister Donna Cansfield at the FONOM conference in May.
A copy of the “Guide to the Acquisition of Crown Land to Support Municipal Economic Development” was distributed to Council.
Councillor Chitaroni reported on a meeting with Ontario Power Generation regarding the road allowance South of the Montreal River. There four options for Ontario Power Generation acquiring the right to flood are – do nothing, Ontario Power Generation buy the road allowance, obtain an Order in Council to move the road allowance back 1 chain or transfer or return the road allowance to the Ministry of Natural Resources with conditions. Council will discuss this matter with Mr. George Kemp, municipal lawyer.
A discussion was held regarding the regional marketing name chosen by the Cobalt Coleman Latchford Temagami Joint Economic Development Committee. Councillor Perry objected to the name “Temagami-Cobalt Corridor” as she felt this does not represent the four communities. Councillors Perry and Tresidder were opposed and Mayor Belanger and Councillor Chitaroni were in favour of the name. The Clerk-Treasurer will get Councillor Beeson’s opinion prior to the next CCLT meeting.
Following a request by Steph Palmateer, CAO, Town of Cobalt, Council agreed to the installation of hydro to the University Headframe with the understanding that the Town of Cobalt would reimburse the Township of Coleman for costs incurred.
Conferences: Government Finance Officers Association – 103rd Annual Conference
Ontario Healthy Community Coalition Workshops MSB meeting – March 19, 2009
Mayor Belanger and Councillors Perry and Beeson will attend the 2009 FONOM-MMAH Annual Conference May 6, 7 and 8, 2009.
Mayor Belanger reported on a meeting held in the Town of Latchford regarding the TDSSAB proposed budget which would represent a 15.38% increase for the Township of Coleman. Mr. Dan Cote was instructed to vote against the budget on behalf of the five communities he represents.
– IPM Booth, Student Connections, & Vacation Packages Meeting – minutes
– Temiskaming Municipal Association – FONOM delivers funding request to Finance Minister
– AMO – Federal Rules Changed for Building Canada Fund Projects
– AMO – Pesticides Ban
– AMO – Workshops on Renewable energy Approvals
– Investing in Infrastructure to Promote Growth and Economic Development
– ACT Grants
– OMERS – member news
– Ministry of the Environment – Implementation of the Great Lakes – St. Lawrence River Basin
– Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing – Earth Hour, Saturday, March 28th
– Canadian Occupational Health & Safety News
– MPAC – Post Roll Amended Notice
– Carswell – The 2009 Health and Safety Collection
– Hazmatmag – Headlines News
– Hydro One Networks Inc. – 2008 Delivery Rate Changes
– NEOnet – update
– OPP – Business Plan 2009
– MWIN – Recyclables in 2009
– North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce – Dragons’ Den is back for season four
– Emergency Management Ontario – tabletop exercise test.
Motion 09-03-14 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.