REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 10, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Monday, March 10th, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillors: S. Cote
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Present: Kemp Pirie – Brigid Wilkinson
Kirk and Mrs. Gore
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 14-03-01 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of March 10th, 2014 as presented with the addition to New Business “Take the Lake Way”. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Councillor Perry with matters dealing with the Temiskaming Speaker.
ADOPTION OF THE MIN UTES
Motion 14-03-02 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – February 24, 2014 Carried.
Motion 14-03-03 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE General Accounts in the amount of $287,524.50 be passed and paid. Carried.
IN CAMERA (CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 14-03-04 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject Matter being considered is:
(a) advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:05 p.m. to discuss the following matter: Sharp Lake Park Carried.
Motion 14-03-05 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 6:20 p.m. with or without a report. Carried.
Continued (2) REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 10, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
– TransCanada Pipeline donated $5,000.00 to the Coleman Swim & Rec Program to assist with the purchase of a raft.
– Les Ranta, J.L. Richards & Associates, completed and submitted the final report for the MIII Asset Management Plan.
– Mr. Mike Ouimet will discuss the installation of security cameras with Mayor Cleroux.
– Due to the AMCTO Zone 8 Workshop, the May 20th regular meeting will be rescheduled to May 26th, 2014.
– The Clerk-Treasurer did not request quotes for the 2014 municipal insurance as other Companies have not submitted a quote in the last two years.
– The Clerk-Treasurer reported on Youth Jobs Strategy – Ontario’s Plan for Jobs & Growth meeting.
– The Clerk-Treasurer to review the 2013 Employee Municipal Insurance report and discuss with Council at the next meeting.
– The Ministry of the Environment Drinking Water Inspection Report was received from Ms. Sherry Ilersich.
Motion 14-03-06 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Administration Report submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer, as presented: Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Energy Management Plan – deferred to the next meeting.
2. Employee Manual – deferred to the next meeting.
Conferences – Fred Dean’s “In Transition”
– Sharp Lake Park – to be reviewed at a later date.
– Temiskaming Speaker – Cancer Awareness ad request denied
– Council reviewed the following correspondence:
Town of Aurora – Election Legislation
Town of Petrolia – Bill 69
– Jeunesse en Marche – Consent Application
Motion 14-03-07 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approved Severance Application B1-14 (Jeunesse en Marche) with the attached conditions. Carried.
Solar PV site “Cobalt” – Sharpe Lake.
– Mayor Cleroux will contact Mr. David Murchison to discuss this matter and schedule a meeting. Continued (3) REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 10, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– AMO – OPP Steering Committee Update
– District of Timiskaming Social Services Administration Board – 2014 budget
– Peter Larocque – Electronic Waste Diversion
– MNR – Natural Heritage Areas Online Map Application
– CIBC – Weekly Market Insight
Postage Meter – quote review
– Council approved the Postage Meter quote from Pitney Bowes.
MNR – Montreal River Pre-Freshet Meeting
– Mayor Cleroux will look into this proposed meeting and advise Council.
TCC Information – Funding
– Council approved the request for funding of the hosting web page and sign rentals as well as Coleman’s percentage of the intern’s wages. The Clerk-Treasurer to request copies of the invoices.
Ministry of Community Safety and correctional Services – Municipal Emergency Management Programs – The Township of Coleman has complied with all EMCPA requirements for 2013.
Timmins Police Service – Fire Dispatch Renewal
The Clerk-Treasurer to check with Chief Laitinen before approving the 4 year contract renewal with the City of Timmins.
Take the Lake Way
– Councillor Perry updated Council with the Take the Lake Way proposal for Cobalt, Coleman and Temiskaming Shores.
Motion 14-03-08 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of The Corporation of the Township of Coleman agrees to pay Coleman’s portion of the Take the Lake Way Budget in the amount of $1,500.00 for 2014, $220.00 for 2015 and $330.00 for future years. Carried.
Councillor Marcella presented the proposed 2014 budget. Council reviewed the budget. A motion to approve the 2014 budget will be presented at the next regular meeting of March 24th, 2014
Planning and Development
Councillor Neil present a report regarding the Chitaroni Subdivision – Portage Bay
Temiskaming Shores Recycling Program REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 10, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Councillor Cote advised revenues, usage and Air Ambulance has decreased in the last month.
The potential Passenger Air Service proposed by Mayor Kidd will not be funded by FedNor or NOHFC. Municipalities will not support the deficit.
– AMO Communications – Breaking News, Energy Workshop, Watch File
– AMCTO – Municipal Minutes, Legislative Express
– The Weekly Detour – updates
– Eleanor McMahon – Share the Road Newsletter
– HazMat – update
– Ontario Trillium Foundation – news
– Ontario Trails Council – news
– Ontario Clean Water Agency – update
– MPAC News – February 2014, Memo
– Accessibility Directorate – update
– MFOA – newsletter
– NorthernTel – new solutions
– Communities In Bloom – invitation
– MNDM – response
– OGRA – Board of Directors
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport – January 2014
– FONOM – ROMA/OGRA, newsletter
– IPIC – newsletter
– Energy East Pipeline – Community Link, notice
– Temiskaming Health Unit Board of Health – minutes
– WDO – update
– Graham Zeisner – drainage
– Municipal World – March issue
– OMERS – newsletter
– Ontario Human Rights Commission – new guide
– Heritage Stewards – news
Motion 14-03-09 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 11-10 being a by-law to confirm certain proceedings of Council be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 14-03-10 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 11-10 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
Motion 14-03-11 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried. REGULAR MEETING MINUTES March 10, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
25373 AMCTO – Zone 8 532.00
25374 Fort Garry Fire Trucks 229,778.72
25375 Ass/n of Ont. Road Supervisors 179.67
25376 Bartlett’s Auto Electric Ltd. 42.58
25377 Campsall Electric 131.75
25378 CIBC 357.05
25379 City of Timmins 155.68
25380 Claire Bigelow 606.81
25381 Devost’s Valumart 47.90
25382 Dist Tim Social Services Ad Bd 17,556.00
25383 ECO-Logix 3,121.31
25384 Gabbani Courier Service 48.33
25385 Grant Fuels Inc. 2,179.62
25386 Hydro One 2,526.44
25387 J.L. Richards & Associates Limited 320.36
25388 Lifesaving Society 136.00
25389 Mobile Power Solutions Inc. 1,718.72
25390 Municipal Service Provider 400.00
25391 North Cobalt Fea Market 45.08
25392 Northern Tel Mobility 231.85
25393 Nortrax 188.99
25394 Orkin PCO Services Corporation 79.67
25395 Pedersen Constructiuon Inc. 16,722.85
25396 Reliance Home Comfort 46.64
25397 T.J. Adshead Electrical 5,199.58
25398 Toronmont Industries Ltd. 1,650.93
25399 Township of Coleman 34.10
25401 Wayne’s Garage 2,099.80
25402 The Wire Box 1,386.07