Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 10 Prospect Avenue, Cobalt, on Wednesday, June 7th, 2006 at 5:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: M. Allaire
K. Leopold L. Perry
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Economic Development Committee: D. Cleroux
CIBC Investment Specialists McDougall Hinds
The meeting opened with a presentation by Mr. Hinds and Mr. Lacarte. Mr. Hinds presented Council with an investment plan for the municipality. The plan was approved by Council and will be reviewed regularly. Reports will be received on a monthly basis.
A discussion was held regarding the proposed annexation proposal. The Clerk-Treasurer to forward a copy of the proposal to each tax payer within the area along with names and addresses where correspondence can be forwarded.
Motion 06-06-01 MOVED BY Marcel Allaire and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT:
Kristen Gagnon be hired as leader and Recreation Director
Michelle Dombroski and Jenna Williams be hired as Swim Instructors for the Swim Program
Jessica Spater be hired as Life Guard. Carried.
Council reviewed the Order-in-Council dated March 2nd, 1988. Council did not approved an easement on the former Fire Hall/Machine Shed lot as this parcel could be sold in the future.
The Clerk-Treasurer to complete the policy for municipal insurance coverage for long term disability employees.
Council reviewed correspondence received from the Plantario Group Ltd regarding the zoning of Mr. Dennis Hakola’s property. The Clerk-Treasurer to forward a copy of this correspondence to Mr. Hakola.
A discussion was held regarding the access required for a Crown Aggregate Pit adjacent to property the Township of Coleman is purchasing. Mayor Belanger will request that Mr. Jenkins attend the next regular meeting and the Clerk-Treasurer will request an update from the Ministry of Natural Resources.
Council reviewed an update regarding the University headframe permits and screening provided by Mr. Rick MacLeod Farley. Mayor Belanger will request a liability waiver for the municipal from the Steering Committee.
The Tri-Town & District Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner will be held Tuesday, June 13, 2006.
Council reviewed correspondence received from the Ministry of Natural Resources requesting comments on a work permit proposal.
– Hydro One
– Suncorp Valuations Ltd – Appraisal & Advisory Services
– MNDM – Thunder Bay Waterfront
Gore Bay Renovates Waterfront Facilities
– MNR – Counter Service Transformation
– FCM – members’ advisory
– MMAH – 2 new municipal transit practices published.
– AMO – Report on Brownfields Redevelopment now online.
– Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – media release.
– CMHC – providing sustainable housing for a changing world.
– City of Hamilton – affordable housing project for seniors
– City of Toronto – Great Lakes Beaches Symposium
– Hydro One – rates changes
– FONOM – resolutions, annual report, constitution
– City of Sault Ste Marie – Northern Ontario Large Urban Mayors submission
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport Joint Municipal Services Board – minutes & financial report
– Canadian Federation of Independent Business – survey
– OMERS – update & newsletter
– Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind – newsletter.
– MFOA – recent activities of PSAB
– HazMat Management Newsletter – headline news
– Solid Waste & Recycling Magazine Newsletter – Headline news.
– The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
– AMO – Member Communication Alert
– NEOnet – Special Report
– NEOnet – Stakeholder’s Update
– Ministry of the Environment – Ontario Regulation 170/03
Motion 06-06-02 MOVED BY Marcel Allaire and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried