Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Mayor Belanger reported on a meeting held with Ontario Power Generation and the Marsh Bay Conservation Association on June 2nd, 2008 regarding the increase spill capacity at Hound Chute by 97 cms.
Council reviewed correspondence received from Mr.Dan Morin, Project Manager for the Hound Chute GS Project regarding the material to be disposed of at the Coleman Township Landfill from the site. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise Mr. Morin that the Township of Coleman will accept the material providing all garbage is separated and does not include any cement.
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– International Plowing Match – Information Dissemination Request and newsletter, e-bulletin, website “camera ready: insert
– Minister Responsible for Seniors – 2008 Senior Achievement Award Program
– Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat – Seniors’ Month Celebrations, theme Discover the Possibilities
– Heart & Stroke – press conference, Friday, June 6th, 2008 at 10:00 am
– Northern News – Advertising Vacation Guide
The Township of Coleman will host a presentation on The Climate Project and Straw Bale Building on Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 at 6:30 p.m. at the Coleman Township Community Hall.
– Blackstone Public Affairs Group – sales teleconference
– MPAC Newsletter
– MNDM – Celebrating Ontario’s New Crop of Ideas
– NEOnet – update
– AMO – Alternative Approach to Ontario’s Blue Box Funding Model
– AMO – MIDAS Learning Opportunities
– THU – newsletter
– John Tory – Bill 35
– DTSSAB – 2007 Annual Report and Newspaper “Our Mission”
– Northern Ontario Business
– Communities in Bloom – magazine
Motion 08-06-03 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
WHEREAS this meeting deals with a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board;
AND WHEREAS this meeting deals with personal matters about identifiable individuals including municipal or local board employees;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting be closed to the public.
Motion 08-06-04 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.