Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES June 23, 2014 ______________________________________________________________________________
Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman
Township, on Monday, June 23rd, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Present: Christine Gagnon, Dianne Desormeaux and Peter Monk
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 14-06-25 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of June 23rd, 2014 as presented. Carried
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK REVIEW with Municipal Employees
The following items were reviewed with the employees
– Code of Conduct, Health & Safety, Human Resources, Harassment Policy, New Employees Contract, Dispute Resolution, Hours of Work and Overtime, Jury and Witness Duty Leave, Employee Benefits, Vision Care Policy, Employee Performance Evaluation, Use of Personal Vehicle, 12 Days for Pay Continuance Plan and Employee Discipline.
Municipal Employees will be asked to sign a document acknowledging that they have reviewed and understood the Employee Handbook.
The Clerk-Treasurer to enquire with Mr. Bruce McMullan, AECOM, if blue below grade styrofoam would be adequate to insulate water lines in future.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Temiskaming Nordic Club
– Council reviewed correspondence sent to the Ministry of Natural Resources regarding the request for purchase of Crown Land by the Temiskaming Nordic Ski Club. Council approved the sale providing that the Club would not interfere or prevent access to the existing multi use trail system.
Municipal Waste Site
– A shed will be purchased prior to advertising that residents can bring their recyclables to the Municipal Waste Site.
Community Hall Policy
– Cleaning Deposits will be refunded to renters providing the hall is left clean and in good order.
Review By-Laws – Clean Yard & Procurement
– deferred to the next regular meeting.
– The Diesel Tanks have been replaced and the old tanks have been removed by Grant Fuels.
Continued (2) SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES June 23, 2014 ______________________________________________________________________________
Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
– Council have reviewed the legislative changes to improve fire safety in vulnerable occupancies. A copy of this correspondence will be forwarded to Chief Don Laitinen.
Municipal Building Official
– Mr. Arren Hern has resigned his position as Building Inspector. Ads have been placed in the newspaper for his replacement.
– AMO – Watch File, Municipal Investment Basics Seminar
– Carswell – The Foundation for the Study and Practice of Property Law
– Cleantech Canada – e-news
– Equipment Journal – newsletter
– Graham Zeisner – Grader & Backhoe Summer Training
– Ontario Tire Stewardship – reminder
– Recycling Products News – newsletter
– The Weekly Detour – update
– The Temiskaming Foundation – Annual Report 2013
– Canadian Underground Infrastructure – magazine
– Larry Wiwchar – Wildlife in Coleman
– Northern Policy Institute – notice of intent to change Northern Policy Institute By-Laws No. 1
IN CAMERA(CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 14-06-26 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed
to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local
(b) advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary
for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 7:10 p.m.
to discuss the following matter: Sharp Lake Park
Clean Yard By-Law
Private Residents Carried.
Motion 14-06-27 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 8:05 p.m. without a report. Carried.
Motion 14-06-28 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.