Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, July 30th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Municipal Lawyer: Mr. George Kemp
Northern College: Mr. Joseph Gregoric
Motion 08-07-27 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law 08-22 being a by-law to authorize the sale of land be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 08-07-28 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law 08-22 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
Motion 08-07-29 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law 08-23 being a by-law for decreasing the speed of motor vehicles on West Cobalt Road be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 08-07-30 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law 08-23 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried
Correspondence received from Ms Crissy Munro Leeson, Ontario Power Generation Real Estate Services was reviewed. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise Ms Leeson that the road to OPG’sHound Chute Generating Station has always been maintained by Ontaro Power Generation as it was located in Gillies Limit until 1997.
Northern College has invited Council to attend a “Ground Breaking” announcement on Monday, August 11, 2008 at the Northern College Haileybury Campus.
Emergency Planning for Ontario Cities
Provincial Land Tax Reform Information Sessions
– The Clerk-Treasurer will attend the Provincial Land Tax Reform Information Session on August
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– Hydro One – Electricity Retrofit Incentive Program
– Hydro One – Memorandum regarding Signs and Attachments on Hydro One Poles in Municipalities
– Department of Canadian Heritage recently launched a funding program which funds local arts and heritage festivals and community historical anniversaries.
– Ontario Provincial Police Awards Ceremony.
Motion 08-07-31 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to purchase two Stands and Flags (Canada & Ontario) for the price of $249.99 per presentation set from Flags Unlimited. Carried.
– Ontario Sewer and Watermain Construction Association – Directory
– AMO – Infrastrucure Agreement
– AMO – Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste Phases 2 and 3 Program
– OGRA – Better Practices
– ONE Funds bulletin
– Communities in Bloom Ontario – e-news
– Chamber – launching of the web portal
– Enterprises Temiskaming – Northern Gradall
– Ministry of Transportation – Ontario Regulations 601 and 611
– College Voice
– Municipal Data Works – news
Councillor Perry reported on conversations she has had with Neonet and Onterra regarding high speed internet. It is anticipated that Coleman Residents should be set up for high speed internet no later than October 2008.
Mr. George Kemp, Municipal Lawyer, and Mr. Joseph Gregoric, Northern College, were in attendance to review the Memorandum of Understanding for the Coleman Wildlife and Environmental Centre.
The terms of the Memorandum of Understanding were reviewed and discussed. The total amount of lands to be leased is approximately 360 acres with the understanding that Northern College will honour their commitment to the principals of Service Learning. Land usage will be reviewed by Northern College and the Township of Coleman on an annual basis.
Councillor Chitaroni declared a Conflict of Interest regarding the easement for access provided by Mr. Gino Chitaroni.
Council reviewed Mr. Gino Chitaroni proposal for an easement for access on his parcel.
Motion 08-07-32 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.