Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, July 29th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: A. Chitaroni
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Town of Cobalt Mayor: Andre Belanger
Councillor: Dan Cote
C.A.O.: Steph Palmateer
A lengthy discussion was held regarding the Town of Cobalt’s Sharp Lake Park Project. Mayor Colleen Belanger presented the Township of Coleman’s conditions which were approved by Cobalt Council. The Town of Cobalt will set aside funds for the work to be done at the completion of the project/rehabilitation consisting of 20% of the annual revenue to a maximum of $300,000.00 – surveying, lot development, studies, lake capacity calculation and required reference plans. Both Councils will meet every three years to review the project – meetings will be held more often if required. The Town of Cobalt will proceed with the “conditional” zoning by-law amendment for the property – the parcel will eventually be divided in Commercial and Recreational/residential zones at the end of the project. The Town of Cobalt will be responsible for the cost of the amendment.
Both Councils agreed that, should a proposal come along that is beneficial to both municipalities, the Town of Cobalt would be free to look at it providing it meets with the Township of Coleman’s approval.
Councillor Albert Chitaroni questioned the price the Township of Coleman is paying for gravel. Coleman Council agreed to negotiate a better deal with the Miller Group.
Highway 11B will be resurfaced in the near future.
The Larose Bridge rehabilitation should be complete on schedule – August 2009.
A discussion was held regarding the Heritage Silver Trail. In time, Mayor Andre Belanger said they hope that the Coleman and Cobalt Works Departments will provide minimal maintenance at the sites i.e. grass cutting, grading periodically, minor repairs, garbage pick up and brushing. If the sites are to be preserved, they have to be maintained.
The University Headframe will be painted, solar lighting installed and the stiff legs treated in the next few weeks.
Conferences – Environmental Approval Requirements
Essential Skills for Pension Committee Members
Reinventing the Chief Security Officer
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– A copy of the Township of Coleman Class Environmental Assessment Upgrades to Water Distribution System, provided by AECOM, was distributed to Council for their review.
– A. Miron Topsoil Ltd – a machine will be sent to berm up the Del Cole Property at the entrance of the Coleman Gravel Pit
– Ministry of the Environment – Canamet Resources Company fined $30,000. For Failure to Comply with a Provincial Officer Order
– Cobalt’s Summer Charity Gala – request for a donation
– Emergency Management Ontario – Order-in-Council for provincial ministries related to emergency management
– The Miner’s Tavern – AGCO Licence
– Municipality of St. Charles – Truck for sale
– MPAC- Leadership Re-assignment
– Killarney Health Centre – Items to donate
– AMO – Count Me In! Community Challenge
– FCM – Broadband Canada
– FCM – Partnership agreement with CGI Communications Inc.
– FCM – The Future of municipal water, wastewater and solid waste labour force
– USTI Canada – Technology Webinar
A discussion was held regarding timber harvesting occurring on the Access Road. Councillor Perry informed Grant Forest Products they would have to find an alternate route for their trucks as they would damage the newly resurfaced Portage Bay Road.
Motion 09-07-25 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.