Minutes – Draft Only REGULAR MEETING MINUTES July 28, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Monday, July 28th, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillors: S. Cote
Works Foreman: B. Bigelow
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Deputation: Mary Church
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 14-07-25 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of July 28th, 2014 as presented: Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Councillor Perry with matters dealing with The Speaker
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
Motion 14-07-26 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Susan Cote :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – July 14, 2014 Carried.
Motion 14-07-27 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Lois Perry :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE General Accounts in the amount of $64,937.25 be passed and paid. Carried.
Motion 14-07-28 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE Payroll in the amount of $25,294.91 for the month of July 2014 be passed and paid. . Carried.
Motion 14-07-29 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject Matter being considered is:
(a) a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:05 p.m. to discuss the following matter; Offer of Purchase Carried.
Motion 14-07-30 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 6:30 p.m. with or without a report. Carried. Minutes – Draft Only Continued (2) REGULAR MEETING MINUTES July 28, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Mr. Brian Bigelow advised Contractors charge $85.00 per hour for pushing back the garbage at the Municipal Waste Site. Mr. Bigelow will check with others for better prices.
Although there are still 4 loads of garbage per week, there is much less garbage than prior to recycling.
Mr. Bigelow will empty the “old tanker” before Winter sets in.
Motion 14-07-31 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Works Department Report submitted by Mr. Brian Bigelow, as presented: Carried.
– The Nipissing Power and Lighting would be interested in bidding for the repair of Coleman street lights..
– The Township of Coleman will host this year’s emergency table top exercise with the Town of Latchford and the Town of Cobalt.
– The quarterly overtime report was distributed to Council
– Council looked over the Market Book advertising a tractor to maintain the municipal waste site.
– The Clerk-Treasurer to send the letter to Ontario Northland regarding Bass Lake Crossing
– A thank you card will be sent to Mrs. Pam Duval for her donation to the Recreation Program.
– A “No Parking” sign will be installed on Gillies Lake Road near the Knights of Columbus Camp.
Motion 14-07-32 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the Administration Report submitted by the Clerk-Treasurer, as presented: Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MIN UTES
Alteration of Grades of Land by-law review
Council reviewed the changes to the proposed by-law. This by-law will be passed at the next regular meeting.
MAH Fall Workshop – the Clerk-Treasurer will not attend this workshop
Zone 8 Fall Workshop – The Clerk-Treasurer is authorized to attend this workshop
Cobalt Mining museum – invitation to attend the induction of Mr. Merv Lavigne to the Wall of Fame on Saturday, August 2nd, 2014.
The Clerk-Treasurer will prepare a motion in support of the Town of Latchford and Municipality of Wawa’s resolution opposing the Province of Ontario’s proposed changes to the Minutes – Draft Only REGULAR MEETING MINUTES July 28, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Power Dam Special Payment Program.
NEW BUSINESS continued
The Speaker – Council approved the purchase of an ad in the amount of $98.00 for the Business Card Directory
Bill Vanderlinden – Hid-A-Bag Bear Proof Containers
Council will review this proposal for the 2015 budget.
The CIBC quarterly account performance report was distributed to Council.
– Temiskaming Nordic Ski Club – thank you
– Accessibility Directorate of Ontario – policy guidelines
– AMCTO – Municipal Minute
– AMO – Updates, LAS Risk Management Symposium, Watch File
– Claire Willison – update on Large Renewable Procurement
– Cleantech Canada – newsletter
– District of Timiskaming Social Services Ad Bd – Smoke-Free Housing Policy
– Haz Mat Management – update
– LAS – 2014 Risk Management Symposium
– OGRA – Alerts
– Ontario Tire Stewardship – reminder, hauler
– Patrick Wright – Group Flyer
– Public Services Health & Safety Association – July Edition
– Real Estate Transactions – new edition
– Recycling Products – news
– Solid Waste Recycling – conference
– Travis Best = Industry Benchmark Reporting
– Graham Zeisner – update
– The Weekly Detour – update
– VANCO Farms – Fundraise with tulip bulbs
– Waste Diversion Ontario – directive
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport Municipal Services Board – minutes & report
– Ontario Trillium Foundation – investments
– Ernie Hardeman, MPP – Official Opposition Critic for Municipal Affairs & Housing.
IN CAMERA (CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 14-07-33 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public
if the subject Matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board
(b a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board;
(c) advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary
for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 7:30 p.m.
to discuss the following matter; Offer of Purchase – Leis
Legal Opinion – Sharp Lake Park
Mel’s Recycling Carried. Minutes – Draft Only REGULAR MEETING MINUTES July 28, 2014 _____________________________________________________________________________
Motion 14-07-34 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 8:20 p.m. without a report. Carried.
Motion 14-07-35 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.
25710 spoiled during printing 0
25711 Jennifer Milroy 1,250.00
25712 Nathalie Goudreault 200.00
25713 Accuracy Environmental 53.68
25714 Brownlee Equipment 576.39
25715 Bujold Tree Service 480.25
25716 Chico’s Fix It All 310.75
25717 Claire Bigelow 319.89
25718 Devost’s Valumart 57.66
25719 Grant Home Hardware Building 1,282.98
25720 Hydro One 41.94
25721 Jennifer Milroy 218.05
25722 J.L.Richards & Associates 1,953.37
25723 Miller Paving – Northern 53,117.91
25724 Munisoft 226.00
25725 Municipal Service Provider 1,110.60
25726 Northern Tel 639.78
25727 # 1 Auto Supplies 99.44
25728 Ontario Northland 254.25
25729 Ontera 30.70
25730 Orkin PCO Services Corp 86.45
25731 Phippen Waste Management 282.50
25732 Rona Ontario 48.91
25733 Techknowledgy Office 774.70
25734 Uniongas 312.02
25735 Wagg’s Petroleum Equipment Ltd. 949.48
25736 Zoe Koza (Recreation) 259.55