Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Wednesday, July 28th, 2010 at 6:00 P.M.
Councillors: R. Beeson
There were present: Mayor: C. Belanger
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Intern, Deputy Clerk: L. Belanger
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Also Present: Dan Cleroux, Doug McLeod, Wayne Aldis & Gary Bigelow
Councilor Chitaroni declared a conflict of interest regarding matters with Blackstone and the Bass Lake Committee.
Motion 10-07-19 MOVED BY Albert Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed:
Regular Meeting – July 14, 2010
Special Meeting – July 21, 2010
1. By-Law Officer: Mr. Jones requested the Township to create a fencing by-law to regulate items, such as maximum height, location, material, etc.
2. Coleman Water Distribution System: All those present at the council meeting received a copy of a draft letter addressed to the water users explaining financing options. Mr. McLeod inquired when landscaping will occur; Councillor Beeson will look into this matter. Mr. Bigelow expressed his concern with the rock being excavated during the construction, he believes it is more than anticipated and should be discussed with the Engineering firm.
3. Bass Lake Committee: Letter from Temiskaming Tourism Loop, requested if Council was interested in having the Bass Lake Campground advertised for the RV tour. Council stated the RV sites are full and will not advertise this year.
1. Bill 72: Water Opportunities Act 2010:
2. Kemp Pirie: Draft By-Law to Regulate Municipal Water System
3. MIS Insurance: Blackstone Development/ Township of Coleman
4. Tables for Community Hall
1. Conferences – AMO Conference: Windsor August 16, 2010
Motion 10-07-20 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY Albert Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT The Corporation of the Township of Coleman approves Logan Belanger to register for Unit one of the AMCTO Municipal Administration Program, in the amount of $367.25 (includes 13% HST & Unit materials).
Motion 10-07-21 MOVED BY Albert Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
WHEREAS pursuant to the provisions of the Safe Water Act, 2002 Regulation 453/07 has been enacted which requires, as a condition of a municipal drinking water license, that Financial Plans be prepared for municipal water systems;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT The Corporation of the Township of Coleman approves the Water Financial Plan regarding the Township of Coleman Water Distribution System.
Motion 10-07-22 MOVED BY Albert Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 10-12 being a by-law to authorize the sale of land to Pama-Lynn Duval be read a first and second time.
Motion 10-07-23 MOVED BY Albert Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 10-12 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted.
Motion 10-07-24 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY Albert Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 10-19 being a by-law to authorize the sale of land to Pama-Lynn Duval be read a first and second time.
Carried.Motion 10-07-25 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY Albert Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 10-19 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted.
Carried.2. Blackstone Development Inc. Letter
3. City of Timmins: 100 Years of Mining Production Celebration
4. Temagami: ATV Big Bear Rally
5. Meetings with Cobalt and the MNR have been scheduled
6. Attendance at IPM in St. Thomas
7. Digital Office Solutions: Xerox copier contract: Council decided the current contract meets the needs of the office.
Mr. McLeod provided Council with a verbal progress report on proposed activities for the Cobalt Cenotaph. Mr. McLeod will proceed with obtaining quotes.
– AMO: Watch File – July 22, 2010
– AMO: Supports Province’s Commitment to Waste Diversion
– Canada Law Book
– Canadian Wind Energy: News Release and summary of survey
– Emergency Management Ontario: Program Development Update
– FCM Members Advisory: Stimulus Update
– Grant Thornton: New Rules and regulations for HST July 2010
– MFOA: Bulletin
– Ministry of the Environment: Ultraviolet Disinfection Technical Bulletin
– MPAC: Decreased-Data Sharing Agreement with MPAC and MGS
– MPAC: Post Enumeration Products – Exception Listings and EDFR Reports
– NEONET: Wired News
– OMERS: Benefit Processed Report has been discontinued
– Ontario good Roads Association Board Brief, June 2010
– Ontario Tire Stewardship: Communication from Icobex Environmental Projects Inc.
– OTS Technical Committee: now Open to all operational Program Participants
– OTS:An Ontario Tire Stewardship Publication
– Sempa Power: Ontario Candidates for IESO Smart Grid Pilot Program
– Seneca Education: Fall 2010 Part-Time Studies
– Stormtech Apparel
– Testmark Elements: Issue 1, June 2010
– Temiskaming Chamber of Commerce: Wild Mushroom Discovery Package- August 28, 2010
Legion – Greenskeeper Willie, August 6,7 & 8, 2010
– Water Line, Summer 2010: Ontario Clean Water Agency
– Workers Voice, Summer 2010
– NEOnet – Wired News
– FCM – Member Advisory
Motion 10-07-26 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY Albert Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.