Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday July 24th, 2012 at 5:30 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: C. Marcella
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Acting Works Foreman: B. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 12-07-39 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the special meeting of July 24, 2012 as presented. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Mayor Cleroux and Councillor Perry reported on a meeting held with residents of Victor’s Way on July 20th, 2012. A discussion was held regarding Victor’s Way Residents’ request for assistance with the upgrading of their private road.
– Council recommended that, as the road does not belong to them, residents should get permission from adjacent land owner prior to laying crushed asphalt on the private road.
– The Township of Coleman lawyer advises that the Township is not permitted to lend money.
– There are certain standards that the municipality must follow prior to assuming a road – if they wish the municipality would be happy to call the Municipal Planner to provide a report on deficiencies on the current status of the road.
Portage Bay Road
A discussion was held regarding the upgrading of Portage Bay Road.
– It may not be possible for Levesque Bros. to dump the crushed asphalt as far as Portage Bay Road.
– Miller Paving Ltd. will be asked to include this cost in the Coleman Road Project.
Motion 12-07-40 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the application to F3EDDEV ONTARIO INFRASTRUCTURE in the amount of $1,880,281.00 for the Township of Coleman Road Project
(Coleman’s share being $940,140.50). Carried.
– City of Temiskaming Shores – Ride the North Workshops
Liquor Licence Approval Letters
– AMO Conference Program at a Glance
– Town of Penetanguishene – Policing Costs and Service Levels and Delivery Methods
– MPAC – Market Snapshot – Ontario General Report
– MCI – Your Invitation to the 2012 Leading Edge Summit
– The Rish Report
– Creative Communities Prosperity Fund
– Lakehead Social Planning Council – Toll Free Helpline Posters
– Municipality of Port Hope – Police Costing
– AMO – Watch File
– Kronos Incorporated – Workforce Ready
– Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing – 2012 Ontario Budget
– City of Greater Sudbury – Celebrating Active living
– HazMat news letter
– Canadian Environment Protection – newsletter edition
Motion 12-07-41 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.