Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Wednesday, July 22nd, 2008 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillors: A. Chitaroni
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Fire Chief: D. Laitinen
Financial Officer: L. Gannon
By-Law Officer: K. Jones
Present: Doug McLeod, Dan Cleroux and Bill Sutton
Councillor Perry declared a Conflict of Interest with matters dealing with The Speaker and The Voice
Councillor Chitaroni declared a Conflict of Interest for his Severance Application.
Motion 09-07-13 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A.Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – July 8, 2009
Special Meeting – None Carried.
Coleman Fire Department
– Invoice has been forwarded to the Ministry of Natural Resources for assisting with the fire in Latchford – not to be paid until October.
– Auto Extracation training will be held this weekend – Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– Cobalt Refinery – Another lock has been installed South of the property as people are still accessing the site
Request a letter be drafted by the lawyer advising the owner that signs will be posted on the property to prevent trespassing
An update will be requested from the Ministry of the Environment regarding the identification of chemicals in barrels on site.
Coleman Volunteer Firefighters have visited the site to familiarize themselves with the buildings and contents – a mannequin has been found in the main building
The office windows have been smashed and should be boarded up
Request lawyer to draft a petition requesting the clean up of the building and property
– the water has been hooked up to the Fire Department
– 13 suits have been cleaned, tested and “Coleman” lettering has been added for identification.
– attended one fire at Mileage 104 for a burning vehicle.
– Estimate has been received from Ontario Hydro to move the guy wire on a street light on Portage Bay Road – will request permission from resident for the relocation of the wire.
– Ditching will be done leaving an area where residents can walk
– Sidewalks have been cleaned up at Mileage 104 with the exception of one parcel where wood has not been removed yet
– Information regarding Track Vision (camera for the back of the snowplow truck) was received – cost $1,700.00. Council requested more information and other quotes before making a decision.
– the International’s fuel tank is leaking – will possibly need replacing.
– Loggers located on Bar Access Road will be hauling soon. Councillor Perry will contact Grant Forest Products to see if they are responsible for the logging in this area.
– the Works Department will cut the grass at the headframe.
– Grading will be done at the Cobalt Truck Stop – an invoice will be forwarded to Mr. Fidelak.
– the wood debris has been cleaned up behind the Municipal Complex.
– Side window and windshield will be repaired in the municipal employee’s vehicle which was broken by a rock while cutting the lawn at the municipal complex
The Planning Group will not meet until the Fall.
Motion 09-07-14 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Hydro One be authorized to remove guy and anchor, install push-pull brace on Portage Bay Road – cost $707.41. Carried.
Motion 09-07-15 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Trow Associates Inc. be authorized to prepare a preliminary layout for the proposed Coleman Township Industrial Park – cost $2,100.00. Carried.
Councillor Perry will represent the Township of Coleman at the 2009 International lowing Match and Rural Expo at the Dignitaries Luncheon and the Luncheon for Mayor’s and Media.
Councillor Tresidder will represent the Township of Coleman at the Opening Ceremonies.
Motion 09-07-16 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 09-22 being a by-law to adopt an accessibility plan for the Township of Coleman be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 09-07-17 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 09-22 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
Conferences – 2009 Emergency Management Conference
Motion 09-07-18 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to purchase an ad in the Second Business Card Directory – $98.00. Carried.
Motion 09-07-19 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of the Township of Coleman approve the following Severance Applications: B13/09 – Albert Chitaroni
B14/09 – Del Cole Carried.
Motion 09-07-20 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the following property be declared surplus:
Part 1 RP 54R-5392, Pt of Lot 13, Concession 4, Part of 61384-0228, 0.8l4 Hectares
Motion 09-07-21 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to purchase an ad in The Voice to commemorate Elk Lake Civic Holiday and Centennial Celebrations – $65.00. Carried.
Motion 09-07-22 MOVED BY A. Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to request that Temiskaming Speaker print 500 colour copies of the newsletter – cost $350.00. Carried.
Councillor reviewed the following correspondence:
– The Corporation of the Township of Woolwich’s resolution regarding Chapter 27, Sec. 5(2) of the Development charges Act 1997.
– Information received from Bonnie Sackrider regarding the Swim to Survive update.
– Rona’s request for a copy the names of individuals applying for building permits – request denied.
– Earlton Timiskaming Regional Airport’s correspondence advising Can Pass has now been cancelled as Grants were not willing to pay.
– Industry Canada’s extensive mapping exercise to determine the extent to which Canadians remain unserved or underserved with broadband access. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise Coleman Residents are very unhappy with service received in the Township of Coleman
– Northern College, Mr. Joseph Gregorcic’s request for permission to sell off the cut trees that they would not be making use of. Council agreed.
– Mrs. Leona Moore’s request for garbage pick up. Garbage will be picked up regularly.
– AMO – Draft Built Environment Standard under the OADA
– AMO – Ontario Transportation Demand Management Municipal Grant Program
– MNDM – Extension of Municipal Services to save and create jobs
– MPAC – Municipal Status Report
– FCM – Members Advisory
– FCM – newsletter
– FMC – Survey Release
– FCM – Update on Federal Infrastructure Funding
– OMERS – Reitred Member News
– Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation – lending program
– The Latchford and Area Moose Call
– Canadian Nuclear Association – 2009 pocket book on nuclear energy
– Accessibility Directorate of Ontario – public review
– EMO – Handbook for Reducing Basement Flooding
– Ontario Ombudsman – Buyer Beware
– Ontario Electronic Stewardship – WEEE Program Plan Posted
– Ground Force Training Inc. – July Newsletter
– The Miner’s Tavern – AGCO Licence
– Emergency Management – news
– Green Belt – Farming the City Limits
– NEOnet – Issue 7
– Hydro One – Retrofit Project
– Celebrate Experience – Summer 09
The Clerk-Treasurer to look into Hydro One’s retrofit project.
Motion 09-07-23 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
WHEREAS this meeting deals with personal matters about identifiable individuals.
– advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose;
– litigation or potential litigation, including matters before administrative tribunals, affecting the municipality or local board
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting be closed to the public. Carried.
A meeting will be held with the Town of Cobalt on July 29th, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. to discuss the Sharp Lake Park project.
Motion 09-07-27 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.