Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Present: Dan Cleroux
The meeting opened with a discussion regarding the Strategic Planning Session held in March 2008.
Motion 08-07-14 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
WHEREAS the Strategic Planning Session held in the Spring recommended setting committees to implement the Township of Coleman mission statement;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the following committees be set up:
1. Communications and Marketing – Council Representative – Lois Perry
2. Planning Group to address future opportunities – Council Representative – Albert Chitaroni
Chair – Dan Cleroux
3. Official Plan – Council and Planner
4. Bass Lake Committee – Council Representatives – Pat Tresidder and Ron Beeson Carried.
Councillor Perry declared a Conflict of Interest with matters dealing with the Temiskaming Speaker.
Motion 08-07-15 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to purchase an ad in the Temiskaming speaker for the Cobalt Silverfest – $68.00 for 5″ X 4″. Carried.
Motion 08-07-16 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to amend the 2008 budget to include the purchase of the C3500 truck and Loader 410 in the amount of $112,118.76. Carried.
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– Ministry of the Environment – Notification of Application for Permit to Take Water
– Ministry of Natural Resources – 2009 Bear Wise Community Funding
– Ministry of Culture – Public Library Service Awards 2008 – Call for Submissions
Council approved Mr. Ray Bourassa’s request for the use of the Ballfield at Bass Lake for the annual Bass Lake Ball Tournament on August 2, 3, 4, 2008
Councillor Chitaroni advised the Royal Canadian Legion and the Town of Cobalt are in favour of relocating the Cenotaph to the park on Silver Street. The Clerk-Treasurer to contact Anthony Rota’s office to enquire about funding for this project.
– Ministry of Government – Fully Electronic Newborn Registration Service
– The Latchford and Area Moose Call
– Ministry of Natural Resources – new Endangered Species Act, 2007
– AM) – WEEE Plan Receives approval
– FCM – Green Municipal Fund
– North East Local Health Integration network – news
Motion 08-07-17 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.