SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES July 6, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, July 5th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of ColemanMayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: K. Laffrenier L. Perry
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 15-07-01 MOVED BY Ken Laffrenier and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of July 6th, 2015 as presented – with the addition to New Business – Environmental Registry – Melvin Fleming. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Councillor Perry with matters dealing with The Speaker and The Voice
Mayor Cleroux with matters dealing with Giroux Lake
Council reviewed and approved by-law 15-17 being a by-law to regulate access to municipal roads.
The by-law will be passed at the next regular meeting.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
LED Street Lighting
Council decided not to proceed with the LED Street Lighting project as it was not budgeted for 2015. Council will review the upgrade the SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES July 6, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
street lights early in 2016.
Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry – Crown Land Development
Council reviewed correspondence received from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry regarding the Township’s proposal to purchase Crown land for cottage lot development on Bay Lake.
The Clerk-Treasurer to enquire why this process is taking so long time and has proven to be expensive to the Township of Coleman’s taxpayers due to required studies when Minister Donna Cansfield had given Council the step by step manual and the go ahead more than fourteen years ago. The cost for these 6 to 8 lots is becoming unreasonable.
Municipal Waste Site – study
K. Smart Associates Limited have completed the study on the municipal waste site. The report is forthcoming.
Council reviewed the following correspondence
– EDF – Friday Lake Wind Energy Centre
Silver Centre Wind Project Notice of Public Community Meeting scheduled for July 15th at the Cobalt Community Hall.
– Ontario Energy Board Notice
Union Gas Limited has applied to the Ontario Energy Board for pre-approval of the cost consequences of a 15-year gas transportation contract commencing on November 1, 2017.
– Portage Bay – MNR clear cutting
Mr. Gino Chitaroni expressed his concern regarding a Forestry Cut infringing on the skyline aesthetics of Portage Bay. The Clerk-Treasurer to request an explanation regarding the clear cutting in this area and any other such project planned within the Township – Gary Bigelow – Giroux Lake SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES July 6, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
of Coleman boundaries.
– Gary Bigelow – Giroux Lake
Council reviewed correspondence received from Mr. Gary Bigelow regarding his concern with Giroux Lake. The Clerk-Treasurer to forward Mr. Bigelow’s correspondence to the Ministry of the Environment for their consideration.
– Ministry of the Environment, Environmental Registry – Mr. Melvin Fleming
The notice will be distributed to Council, Chief Don Laitinen and local residents for their comments.
1. This is a recycling site, not a waste disposal site
2. The Township of Coleman will not accept non-recyclables from other communities to be deposited at the municipal waste site.
– AMCTO – Municipal Minute
– AMO – Policy Update, Watch File, Announcement, MEPCO Alert
– Cleantech Canada – update
– Earlton-Timiskaming Regional Airport – minutes
– Energy East – Survey, Supplemental Application Notification
– Equipment Journal – newsletter
– HR Advantage – newsletter
– HazMat – news
– JLT Canada – Municipal Roads
– MNDM – Applications for Funding to Promote Cycling
– Municipal Workd – July issue
– OMPF – Reporting requirements
– Ontario Good Roads Association – e-news
– Ontario Provincial Police – announcement
– Ontario Tire Stewardship – news
– Ontario trails Council – news
– Public Services Health & Safety Association – June Edition
– Racial Profiling – share your views
– Recycling Products News – e-newsletter
– St. PatrickSchool – Thank you
– Town of Cobalt – information – Waste Diversion Ontario – news SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES July 6, 2015 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
– Temiskaming Shores & Area Chamber of Commerce – College Boreal
– Tourism Northern Ontario – survey
– Trenchless International – news
– Waste Diversion Ontario – news
– Water, Drinking – recommendations
– Canadian Energy Pipeline Association – update
– Recycling Product News
– Northern Ontario Business
– The Working Forest
– Sustainable Building & Design Magazine
Motion 15-07-02 MOVED BY K. Laffrenier and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn.Carried.