Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, January 24th, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
There were present:
Councillor: S. Cote
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Fire Chief: D. Laitinen
1. Ashtray quote – Council reviewed a quote for a Jet Black Elite Smokers Cease Fire Ashtray. The Clerk-Treasurer to request other quotes before making a decision.
2. WSIB coverage for Volunteer Firefighters – Council agreed to increase the W.S.I.B. Volunteer Firefighters’ coverage to $45,000.00.
3. Communities in Bloom – Council reviewed the Communities in Bloom information package.
4. Mayor Cleroux will attend the ROMA/OGRA Conference. Councillor Perry will consider attending the conference as well.
5. Motion 11-01-13 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law 10-32 being a by-law to regulate the municipal water system within the Municipality of the Township of Coleman and parts of the Municipality of the Town of Cobalt be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
The water rates will be determined upon completion of the financial report by Mr. Bruce McMullan, AECOM. The Clerk-Treasurer to request the anticipated date for the completion of the financial report.
6. The Clerk-Treasurer presented the report regarding accessibility initiatives undertaken for municipal election in 2010.
7. Mayor Cleroux read correspondence received from Mr. Stephen Watt.
8. Mayor Cleroux reviewed correspondence received from the Town of Latchford regarding the Latchford Control Dam.
9. Correspondence received from Councillor Perry was reviewed by Council. Councillor Perry thanked Council for her appointment to the TDSSAB board. She will address any concerns and answer any questions Council might during her time on the board
1. Conferences – Priority Setting Event
JHSC Basic Certification – Part 1
2. Mr. John Stothers is now the Township of Coleman CEMC – Field Officer
3. Motion 10-01-14 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY PAT Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to pay the 2011 membership to the Temiskaming Municipal Association – $150.00.
AND FURTHER THAT Mayor Dan Cleroux and Councillor Cathy Marcella represent the Township of Coleman on the Temiskaming Municipal Association. Carried.
4. Council reviewed correspondence received from the Temiskaming Mayors Action Group – Mayor Cleroux will attend the meeting scheduled for January 29th, 2011.
5. Councillors Marcella and Cote presented final calculations for 2010 expenditures and revenues and capital expenditures for the years 2006 to 2009. Discussions were held with Chief Laitinen and Works Foreman Dufresne regarding 2011 budget expectations. Preliminary numbers will be presented to Council shortly for the 2011 budget.
– MMAH new building blocks calendar
– MMAF – Land Use Planning Guide for Businesses
– Carswell January HR and Compliance Newsletter
– Accessibility Directorate of Ontario – reporting requirement
– the Latchford and Area Moose Call
– AMO Watch File
– Temiskaming Veterinary Services Committee minutes
– MMAH – Long-standing Service Program
– MOE – Integration of Planning and Environmental Requirements for Infrastructure Projects.
– Chamber of Commerce – Green Timiskaming Development Co-operative
– North east LHIN
– the International Awards for Liveable Communities 2011
Motion 10-01-15 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.