Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, February 17th, 2009 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Motion 09-02-15 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni: WHEREAS this meeting deals with personal matters about identifiable individuals including municipal or local board employees;
AND WHEREAS this meeting deals with advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting be closed to the public Carried.
Mayor Belanger opened the meeting.
Motion 09-02-16 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to donate $100.00 to Big Reds Fish Derby to be held on February 28th, 2009. Carried.
Councillor Beeson read the letter he prepared regarding his request to the Ministry of Transportation for turning lanes at Portage Bay Road and Marsh Bay Road.
Council reviewed and discussed the 2009 budget. Council requested further information before finalizing the 2009 budget.
– Environmental Steering Committee – minutes
– Ontario Association of Fire chiefs – Municipal Politicians Seminar
– Temiskaming Health Unit – the Price of Eating Well in Timiskaming
– NEOnet Wired News – Februry 2009
– Cobalt Mining Museum – response to donation
– Canadian Red Cross – Lottery License
– Flags Unlimited – New Street Banners
– The International Awards for Liveable Communities 2009
– Ministry of Natural Resources – Flood Messages
– Critical Incident Group debriefing Workshops in Ontario
– CAD Micro Solutions Inc. – AutoCAD
– SkyLine Canada Inc. – Information
– HazMat Management Magazine – Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Waste
– AMO – Federal Gas tax Awards 2009
– Heart & Stroke – Big Bike 2009
– FCM – Lights out across Canada for Earth Hour – March 28, 2009
– Brock Carlton – Member Advisory – Earth Hour 2009
– OHS Canada – IAPA Podcasts
– CUI Events – Urban Leadership Series
Motion 09-02-17 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.