Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillors: R. Beeson
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Works Foreman: D. Dufresne
Financial Officer: L. Belanger
Planning Group: Dan Cleroux
Present: Douglas McLeod.
Councillor Albert Chitaroni declared a conflict of interest with matters dealing with the Coleman Water Distribution System and Bass Lake Park.
Motion 10-02-01 MOVED BY PatTresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – January 27, 2010
Special Meeting – N/A Carried.
Motion 10-02-02 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the General Accounts in the amount of $78,866.48 and Payroll in the amount of $36,008.79 be passed and paid. Carried.
Motion 10-02-03 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 10-03 being a by-law to confirm certain proceedings of Council be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 10-02-04 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 10-03 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
– Grader had to be repaired – rod and fan belt
– Generator provided power for the whole building during a recent power outage
– Drive sprockets must be replaced in the Crawler
– Request for permission to paint the ceiling in the workshop
Coleman Water Distribution System
– Town of Cobalt correspondence regarding Agreement – arrange a meeting in March
– Union Gas correspondence advising that a substantial financial contribution in excess of $700,000.00 is required to make this project feasible.
– Ms Sherry Ilersich, Ministry of the Environment, made her annual inspection of the Coleman Water Distribution System. She will provide a report for Council in the near future.
– The Clerk-Treasurer to look into training for Coleman Employees
– Mr. Cleroux advised he is re-visiting the situation with road allowance South of the Montreal River.
– Meeting with Mayor Ike Laba, Municipality of Temagami, to discussed mutual matters of concern
Councillor Perry reported on the TMA meeting with Hon. David Ramsay, MPP.
– Discussion regarding – Aggregate royalties – Province opening 4 pits on Crown Land Request to have boundaries extended beyond North Bay
– Mining Tax change would be a longer process
– Stumpage Fees will also be included in request to Province
– Council reviewed correspondence provided by Mayor Tom Laughren regarding the Northern Mayor’s Task Force.
– Council reviewed correspondence provided by Mayor Judy Pace regarding Grant Forest Products
– Council reviewed the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry package regarding the Consultation on the Mining Act.
– The Golder Association report on remediation of cave in at vein No. 23 of Former Foster Mine Workings – SMC (Canada) Limited site – was distributed to Council.
– The pamphlet on Septic Systems “How can I keep it working properly” will be included with the taxes. Council will review septic tank pump out by-law for the next meeting.
– Copies of the New Lake Temiskaming Loop Tour Project information provided by Temiskaming Tourism was provided to Council.
– The Clerk-Treasurer advised arrangements can be made for the “Hauler” to load their own trailers when they pick up tires.
Conferences -DTSSAB 2010 Budget meeting
MNR – Open House – Endangered Species Act, 2007
2010 FONOM/MMAH Northeastern Municipal Conference
Motion 10-02-05 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to donate $300.00 to Timiskaming Home Support to assist with their expenses during the coming year.
Motion 10-02-06 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Clerk-Treasurer be authorized to submit grant applications for 6 summer students to – 5 students for Bass Lake Beach and 1 student for the Work Department.
One application for 1 student to the Ministry of Citizenship of Immigration, Ministry of Tourism and Culture and Ministry of Health Promotion
One application to Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs 2010 for 3 Swim Instructors and Lifeguards and 2 labourers.
One application to the Ministry of Northern Development for Swim Instructors and Labourers.
Council reviewed correspondence provided by the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities regarding support for Northeastern Ontario Resource-Based Business.
Copies of the Northern Tourism Marketing Committee’s correspondence regarding the re-organization of the Province’s tourism industry into thirteen distinct regions was distributed to Council.
– AMO – Watch File
– AMO – Watch File
– AMO – Breaking News
– K. Smart Associates Limited
– MFOA – Communique
– Timiskaming Health Unit – minutes
– Minister Michael Gravelle’s Column
– FCM – Newsletter
– FCM – Members’ Advisory
– FCM – Members’ Advisory
– Environment and Land Tribunals Ontario – Outstanding Appeals
– THU – Policy Scan report
– The Working Forest
– Green Building & Design
Motion 10-02-07 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni:
WHEREAS this meeting deals with personal matters about identifiable individuals including municipal or local board employees;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting be closed to the public.
Mayor Belanger resumed the meeting.
Motion 10-02-08 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Elk Lake Community Forest be hired to prepare a marketing plan for Bass Lake Resort and Trailer Park – cost $5,000.00.
Motion 10-02-09 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried
21744 Carolyn Chevrier 450.00
21745 Nippissing/ East Parry Sound 1,100.00
21746 Kenneth Jones 50.00
21747 Claire Bigelow 407.57
21748 Darcy’s Mechanical 419.97
21749 Dianne Desormeaux 235.75
21750 Accuracy Environmental 53.55
21751 AcklandsInc. 87.39
21752 AMCTO – Zone 8 20.00
21753 AMCTO 178.50
21754 Arnstein Ind. Equipment 119.37
21755 Benson 164.92
21756 Bluewave Energy 342.70
21757 BNS Corner Gas 17.40
21758 Breault’s Discount Warehouse 111.64
21759 CIBC 191.53
21760 City of Timmins 140.13
21761 Cobalt Mining Museum 3,500.00
21762 DTSSAB 19,325.07
21763 Ebert Welding 57.86
21764 Electronic North 229.32
21765 Canadian Municipalities 147.50
21766 Fidelak Enterprises 14.24
21767 Grand & Toy 121.41
21768 Gabbani 53.24
21769 Grant Fuels Inc. 2,177.79
21770 Great West Life 3,299.72
21771 Hydro One 2,305.26
21772 Lakeview Signs 122.04
21773 Linde Canada 322.83
21774 Loach’s Radiator Services 2,457.75
21775 Mackey Automotive 17.85
21776 Municipal Employer Pension 30.03
21777 Municipal Finance Officers 281.40
21778 Minister of Finance – EHT Return 5,154.32
21779 Minister of Finance 688.02
21780 Wrong Vendor – Cancelled 0.00
21781 Munisoft 187.02
21782 New Liskeard Sheet Metal 427.94
21783 Northern Tel 413.35
21784 North Cobalt Flea Market 156.01
21785 #1 Auto Supplies 28.25
21786 Omers 932.64
21787 Ontera 16.29
21788 Pioneer Diesel Injection Ltd. 483.29
21789 Plantario 420.00
21790 Prism Publishing 102.70
21791 Purolator 34.45
21792 Receiver General – Payroll Ded. 10,121.00
21793 Rona 148.48
21794 Strongco Equipment 182.61
21795 G. Stephen Watt Barrister 445.62
21796 Temiskaming Speaker 713.16
21797 Temiskaming Shores & Area 115.00
21798 TIME Limited 555.63
21799 Temiskaming Municipal Association 150.00
21800 Town of Cobalt 4,578.60
21801 Town of Latchford 8,154.88
21802 Town of Englehart 11.96
21803 Tri-Town Automotive Ind Supply 167.74
21804 Uniongas 1,757.28
21805 Wayne’s Garage 255.00
21806 WSIB 709.74
21807 Minister of Finance – Police Service 3,199.00
21808 Minister of Finance 2.77
PAYROLL TOTAL 36,008.79