Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Monday, December 3rd, 2012 at 6:00 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillors: S. Cote
Works Foreman: B. Bigelow
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
By-Law Officer: K. Jones
Chief Building Official: Clayton Seymour
Deputation: Michael Cooper and Liz Keats
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 12-12-01 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of December 3rd, 2012 as presented: Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Councillor Perry declared a conflict with matters dealing with Prism Publication.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
Motion 1 2-12-02 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – November 19, 2012 Carried.
Motion 12-12-03 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE General Accounts in the amount of $48,457.74 be passed and paid. Carried.
Motion 12-12-04 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE Payroll in the amount of $34,432.63 be passed and paid. Carried.
IN CAMERA (CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 12-12-05 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:20 p.m. to discuss the following matter: Building By-Law – Clean Yard By-Law – Cooper Residence Carried.
Motion 12-12-06 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 7:25 p.m. with or without a report. Carried.
Mr. Bigelow advised that not all Residents have paid their User Fee for Private Plowing. A discussion was held regarding Private Plowing. Council agreed that Private Plowing would not be provided if Residents did not pay the User Fee.
Motion 12-12-07 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the report provided by Mr. Brian Bigelow, Works Department, as presented: Carried.
Motion 12-12-08 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the report provided by Mr. Ken Jones, By-Law Officer, as presented: Carried.
– The Clerk-Treasurer presented a Succession Planning Report based on the information provided by Muniscope. Council questioned the Clerk-Treasurer regarding a successor for her position should she not be able to carry on her duties i.e. death or illness. She advised Mrs. Gagnon and Mrs. Desormeaux could carry on for a short time, but, some of the required daily routine and reporting would not get done.
– A holiday pay report for Administration was presented to Council
– The Clerk-Treasurer advised Accessibility Training must be done prior to year end.
– The Clerk-Treasurer to look into replacing the Late Kurt Leopold on the Property Standard Committee.
– Mr. Ken Jones reported on coyotes having been seen in the Township of Coleman. The Clerk-Treasurer make note of this occurrence in the Weekender.
Motion 12-12-09 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the report provided by the Clerk-Treasurer, as presented: Carried.
Motion 12-12-10 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 12-31 being a by-law to authorize the execution of an agreement between the Corporation of the Township of Coleman and the Town of Cobalt be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 12-12-11 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 12-31 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted – Water Service Agreement. Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Nipissing Road – proposed closure.
The Clerk-Treasurer to begin the “Road Closure” process for a portion of Nipissing Road.
1. Conferences -OGRA – combined conference
2. Resolutions – Severance Application – Dale Woods
Motion 12-12-12 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Severance Application B2/12 (Dale Woods) be approved with the following condition: Registered easement be provided to property line from Loon Lake Road.
Prism Publishing – Christmas Greeting – denied.
3. Ministry of Infrastructure – Ontario’s Municipal Infrastructure Strategy.
– Council reviewed correspondence received from the Ministry of Infrastructure. Expressions of Interest are due by January 9, 2013 for the MIII Capital Program.
4.. Request for Donation – Tri-Town Ski & Snowboard Village
Home Alone Supper
Bunker Military Museum
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
– Council will consider these requests in the 2013 budget.
5. Hydro One – Green Energy Act
– Council reviewed correspondence received from Hydro One regarding Ontario’s new energy requirements, under the Green Energy Act. The Act required energy management plans and reports annually on energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
6. Awards Nominations – Multiculturalism
Volunteer Service Awards
– Council reviewed correspondence regarding awards nominations.
7. Anda Ciureza – Ownership for Tourism Projects
– Mayor Cleroux read a letter from MS. Anda Ciurezu regarding ownership for tourism projects. The Clerk-Treasurer to request that her friend make a presentation to Council regarding her request.
1. Bass Lake Committee – N/A
2. Planning & Development
– Councillor Cote asked that council review both J.L. Richards and Neil Roberts quotes for Coleman’s Asset Management Plan. A decision will be made at the next meeting.
3. Public & Safety – N/A
4. Environmental – N/A
Councillor Perry asked that a matter be added to the agenda – correspondence by a private resident.
Mayor Cleroux will look into the matter of the hydro connection to her garage and respond to her.
– EMO Fall Killarney Sector Fall Sector Meeting Minutes
– Ontario Trail news
– The Weekly Detour
– Dibrina Sure – new
– Canadian Environmental Protection – newsletter
– MPAC – legislative changes for cemeteries
– AMO – Watch File
– MND&M – newsletter
– HazMat Management – headline news & Enewsletter
– Pitch-in Ontario – campaign
– AMCTO – newsletter, legislative express
– The Working Forest
– Yfactor Inc. – Economic Gardening
– TMA – minutes
– Municipal World – December issue & Municipal resources
– Eleanor McMahon – Cycling Coalition
– Ministry of Agriculture, Food & Rural Affairs – Minimum distance separation formulae
– Ontario Tire Stewardship – invitation to Technical Committee Meeting
– TAB Canada – new resource
Motion 12-12-13 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 12-32 being a by-law to confirm certain proceedings of Council be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 12-12-14 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 12-32 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
Motion 12-12-15 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.
24200 Ontera 17.17
24201 Kenneth Jones 50.00
24203 Dianne Desormeaux 605.92
24204 Canada Post 344.65
24205 Hydro One 1,216.58
24206 Hydro One 40.76
24207 Acklands Inc. 327.15
24208 Bartlett’s Auto 72.13
24209 Bell Wireless 233.91
24210 Bluewave Energy 138.82
24211 Howard Berry 100.00
24212 Burl Regan 175.83
GENERAL ACCOUNTS continued
24213 CIBC 146.21
24214 Community Living South 179.19
24215 Don Laitinen 400.00
24216 Douglas McLeod 100.00
24217 Dis Tim Social Services 16,088.76
24218 Grant Fuels Inc 2,611.96
24219 Hydro One 1,056.52
24220 Min of Fin 3,754.00
24221 Municipal World Inc. 111.87
24223 # 1 Auto Supplies 139.73
24224 OMERS 3,707.74
24225 Phippen Waste Management 565.00
24226 Pioneer diesel Injection 49.00
24227 Receiver General – Payroll 10,489.57
24228 Reliance Home Comfort 45.73
24229 Staples 341.64
24230 Stone Company 2,375.59
24231 Terry Gagnon 90.16
24232 Carswell 103.90
24233 Tri Town Automotive 24.14
24234 TSC Stores 75.60
24235 Wayne Hearn 207.40
24236 Workplace Safety & Ins. Bd 971.11
24237 Yves Breault 1,500.00