Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, December 23 , 2013 at 6:00 p.m. SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 23, 2013 ______________________________________________________________________________
Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, December 23 , 2013 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Works Foreman: B. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 13-12-32 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the special meeting of December 23rd, 2013 as presented:
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
– Councillor Lisa Neil declared a conflict with matters dealing with the Sale of Land Agreement
– Mayor Cleroux declared a conflict with matters dealing with Mr. Garry Bigelow’s letter regarding
Coleman Township Road at Glen Lake
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
Motion 13-12-33 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed:Regular Meeting – December 16, 2013 Carried.
Motion 13-12-34 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE General Accounts in the amount of $66,536.54 be passed and paid. Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Township of Baldwin – NOHFC to create a small community capital fund program.
Deferred to next regular meeting – the Clerk-Treasurer to prepare a motion of support.
2. CUPW.STTP – the future of Canada Post
Motion 13-12-35 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
WHEREAS The Township of Coleman Residents depend on the daily service of mail delivery for government benefits and monthly bills;
AND WHEREAS the Township of Coleman Businesses rely on daily mail delivery and pick-up service to do business;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of The Corporation of the Township of Coleman fully supports the Canadian Union of Postal Workers in their efforts to require that open, transparent and honest consultations and studies be undertaken prior to any decisions to change or eliminate postal services in Canada. Minutes – Draft Only SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 23, 2013 ______________________________________________________________________________
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES continued
AND FURTHER THAT the Charter be improved by the following:
*the moratorium on post office closures in small and rural communities protects the public nature of post offices;
*eliminate the exceptions to the moratorium
*extend the consultation process and make the process and moratorium more transparent;
*Establish an independent Canada Post ombudsperson;
*Establish a reasonable, uniform and democratic process for making changes to the postal and delivery network. Carried.
3. Cobalt Historical Society – Council reviewed the Annual Report provided by the Cobalt Historical Society.
4. Coleman Energy Management Plan – deferred to the next regular meeting.
5. The ONTC reservation has been removed – the property has been returned to the Township of Coleman.
6. Part time Plow Operator – Council reviewed the application submitted for the position.
Motion 13-12-36 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Mr. Bud Berry be hired as a Contractor on a part-time, on call basis as Plow Operator at the rate of $23.00 per hour.
7. Fire Dispatch Agreement review – put on hold for the time being.
Councillor Marcella will look into the requirements for centre lines on municipal paved roads.
1. Conference – 2014 Municipal Road Technologies
AMO/LAS education calendar
Energy Matters Summit 2014
Advance Creating & Enforcing Municipal By-Laws
2014 Municipal Leaders’ Forum
Funding Program Information Session
“So You Want to Run for Council” – courses
2. Motions OPP Billing Model Correspondence
– Council reviewed the letters received from various municipalities opposing the OPP Billing Model. Municipality of Temagami – Bear Hunting Season
– The Clerk-Treasurer to prepare a motion supporting the principle of the pilot project to respond to nuisance bear issues which would include a limited early hunting season.
3. Town of Cobalt – Yearly Service Maintenance
– Council reviewed the proposed yearly service maintenance costs proposed by the Town of Cobalt.
4. 2014-15 Ontario Sport and Recreation Communities Fund
– Councillor Perry will look into the fund for Bass Lake Park. Minutes – Draft Only SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 23, 2013 ______________________________________________________________________________
NEW BUSINESS continued
5. Sale of Land Agreement
– The amendments to the Sale of Land Agreement are being reviewed by the Municipal Lawyer.
6. FONOM – membership fee increase
– Council reviewed the correspondence proposing a 5% increase for the 20104 membership fee.
. TCC Minutes – invoices
The Clerk-Treasurer will discuss future invoices with the Town of Latchford Clerk.
8. Garry Bigelow – Coleman Township Road at Glen Lake
– Council reviewed Mr. Bigelow’s letter. Councillor Marcella will contact the Township’s Road Contractor to ensure that our roads are up to standards.
Council approved the changes to the Township of Coleman website. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise Mr. Tonkin to launch the website.
– MFOA – DC Consultation, Assessment Review Report
– AMCTO – update
– Quest – news
– Ontario’s Long-Term Energy Plan
– AMO – OMERS Announcements, Breaking News, Watch File
– Canadian Solar Industries Association – Solar Beat
– OCWA – update
– DTSSAB – 2014 Board Meeting Schedule
– Ontario Trails Council – news
– HazMat – update
– InfraCycle – update
– The Weekly Detour – news
IN CAMERA(CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 13-12-37 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject Matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees;
(b) labour relations or employee negotiations’
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 7:45 p.m. to discuss the following matter: Employee Negotiation Carried.
Motion 13-12-39 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 8:10 p.m. without a report. Carried.
Motion 13-12-40 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried. Minutes – Draft Only SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 23, 2013 ______________________________________________________________________________
25205 Tri-Towns Motorsports 128.00
25206 Don Laitinen 640.00
25207 Petty Cash 198.00
25208 Brownlee Equipment 148.80
25209 Northern Tel 19.35
25210 Uniongas 963.07
25211 Brownlee Equipment 15.89
25212 Howard Berry 100.00
25213 Carolyn Chevrier 200.00
25214 Claire Bigelow 300.66
25215 Douglas McLeod 100.00
25216 J.L. Richards & Associates 4,053.35
25217 Kemp Pirie 703.82
25218 Miller Paving – Northern 53,117.91
25219 Ontera 18.47
25220 Peter Monk 100.00
25221 Quality Meats 1,930.89
25222 Terraline Green 50.00
25223 Temiskaming Municipal Building 3,648.00
25224 Wyatt Jeffery 100.00