SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 8, 2014 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, December 8th, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of ColemanMayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote K. Laffrenier
L. Perry Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Municipal Lawyer: Kathryn Pirie
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 14-12-29 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Ken Laffrenier:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of December 8th, 2014 as presented. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Motion 14-12-30 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the general accounts in the amount of $9,402.48 be passed and paid.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Coleman/Curran Property
Council reviewed the “Curran” Property – this parcel to be added to the list of Coleman SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 8, 2014 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
property to be reviewed at a later date.
2. CCLT Website invoice
Council approved the payment of 25% of the invoice and to continue the website for at least two more years.
3. Temiskaming Nordic Ski Trail – LUP
The Clerk-Treasurer to request a map of the specific trails that the Club maintains that are situated on a sand base and built by the root structure. Council does not want limited use of the trails that have been historically used by Coleman residents.
4. Appointments to DTSSAB & THU
This matter is deferred until Mayor Cleroux discusses these appointments with the other municipalities.
IN CAMERA(CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 14-12-31 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the
public if the subject Matter being considered is:
(a) advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary
for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:15 p.m.
to discuss the following matter; Sharp Lake Park Carried.
Motion 14-12-32 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 7:25 without a
The following motions were reviewed:
– Township of Pelee – Canada Post Council reviewed the following correspondence: SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 8, 2014 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
– Township of Pelee – OPP Billing Model
Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– Ontario Sport and Recreation Communities Fund – Information Session
– Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration and International Trade – The Ontario Medal for YoungVolunteers.
– MNDM – Grant Program Helping Communities Commemorate 400 Years of Francophone Presence in Ontario
The Clerk-Treasurer presented the November 2014 Financial Report.
– AMCTO – Municipal Minute, Spring Workshops
– AMO Communications – Policy Update
– Certification Operator – Requirement Changes
– Cleantech Canada – newsletter
– Doug Wysemen – Risk Management Guide for Elected Officials
– HazMat Management – update
– Lac Megantic – Letter of thanks
– Municipal World – ‘December issue
– OGRA Membership – Constitutional Amendment, E-News
– Recycling Product News – newsletter
– Thomson Reuters – Human Resources Professionals
Motion 14-12-33 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried. SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 8, 2014 _____________________________________________ _________________________________
26036 Ken Jones 50.00
26037Bartlett’s Auto Electric Ltd 31.84
26038 CIBC 311.72
26039 City of Timmins 180.03
26040 ECO-Logix 3,672.17
26041Fire Safety Distribution Ctre 128.82
26042Fountain Tire (New Liskeard) Ltd 40.12
26043 Gabbani Courier Service 34.20
26044 Hydro One 947.73
26045 Linde Canada Ltd 91.75
26046 Northern Tel Mobility 182.25
26047 Pitney Bowes 758.95
26048 Reliance Home Comfort 46.64
26049 Techknowledgy Office Pro 5.09
26050 Township of Coleman 1,169.50
26051Tri Town Automotive Ind Supply 470.67
26052 Wayne’s Garag 1,281.00
TOTAL $9,402.48 CLERK-TREASURER MAYOR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES December 8, 2014 _________________________________________ _____________________________________