THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF COLEMAN
BY-LAW NO. 13-23
Being a by-law of the Corporation of the Township of Coleman prescribing times for setting fires and precautions to be taken.
WHEREAS by the provisions of Section 475 (3) (b) the Municipal Act, 2001, a Municipality may enact by-laws regarding fire matters.
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Coleman enacts as follows:
(1) By-Law #06-23 is hereby repealed;
(2) No fire permits shall be issued for the months of July, and August in the Township.
(3) No fires shall be set out of doors in the Township between the hours of 8:00 a.m. o’clock in the morning and 6:00 p.m. o’clock in the evening during the months of April through to October in each year.
(4) No person shall set out fires in open air without first obtaining a fire permit from the Coleman Township office with the exception of fires for obtaining warmth and cooking.
(5) No person shall set any fire out of doors to burn, or shall burn out of doors, in the Township any kitchen garbage, construction materials or materials made of/or containing rubber, plastic or tar.
(6) No person shall set any fire out of doors in the Township except in the presence of a competent adult person and this person shall be in constant attendance of any burning operation as to prevent same from spreading to or endangering other property. The permit holder shall be in constant attendance of any burning operation.
(7) No person shall set out a fire in any area where it may spread due to grass or other vegetation or a strong wind.
(8) No outside fire which causes inconvenience or irritation to others shall be permitted.
(9) No person shall leave the site of a fire set out of doors in the Township without fully extinguishing the said fire.
(10) Except under the authority of a fire permit, no person shall start a fire outdoors during a fire season for any purpose other than cooking or obtaining warmth.
(11) The minimum clearance for setting a fire must be three (3) meters from buildings and combustibles.
(12) No person shall set any fire or fireworks for any reason when there is a Ministry of Natural Resources and/or Township of Coleman fire ban in place
(13) Every person who contravenes any provisions of this by-law is guilty of an offence against this by-law and, upon conviction therefore be subject to a fine of not more than two thousand ($2,000) dollars plus costs and every fine is recoverable under the Provincial Offenses Act.
(14) This by-law shall come into effect on the day of it being passed.
READ a FIRST and SECOND time this 21st, day of May, 2013
READ a THIRD time and finally enacted this 21st day of May, 2013