Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Council of the Township of Coleman held at the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, Ontario on Monday, August 13th, 2012 at 5:30 P.M.
There were present: Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillors: S. Cote
Works Foreman: B. Bigelow
Assistant: C. Gagnon
Present in the audience: Jim Patrick
Deputation: Mary Church, Remax Town and Country
Kristen Koistinen, Best Start Service
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 11-10-22 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Sue Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of August 13th, 2012 as presented: Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
Councillor Perry with matters dealing with the Temiskaming Speaker
ADOPTION OF THE MIN UTES
Motion 11-10-23 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote :
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the following Council Meetings be adopted as distributed: Regular Meeting – July 30, 2012 Carried.
BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE General Accounts in the amount of $17,560.91 be passed and paid. Carried.
IN CAMERA (CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 12-02-26 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board;
(b ) advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:05 p.m. to discuss the following matter: Offer of purchase
Legal Opinion Carried.
Motion 12-02-27 MOVED BY Sue Cote and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 6:05 p.m. without a report. Carried.
1. Kristen Koistinen – Best Start Service
Presentation included a description of the Temiskaming Best Start Program and how their services meet the needs of children ages 2 ½ to 4 years of age. The Best Start Network is looking at ways to enhance services to the rural communities Presently the Centre for the Coleman area is St Patrick School, interested parents can obtain information by calling 1-877-241-0606.
Motion 11-10-24 MOVED BY Pat Tresidder and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the report provided by Mr. Brian Bigelow, Works Department, as presented: Carried.
Fire Chief Report – No report
By-Law Officer Report – No Report
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Coleman Businesses – Garbage collection – Council requests clarification.
2. Fireworks and firecrackers by-law – review
A copy of the proposed Fireworks and firecrackers by-law was distributed to Council for review
3. Coleman Municipal Road Project
– Councillor Marcella reported the roads project is completed 85% with approx one week left. Gillies Depot Road is next on the list but unsure whether it will be worked on in 2012. Workmanship is excellent says Councillor Marcella
1. Temiskaming Speaker – Chamber Directory – tabled
2. Monte McNaughton, MPP – Bill 76 Copies of the information package was distributed to Council for review – tabled
3. Agnico-Eagle Mines – rock piles – no involvement
4. Hound Chute Dam assessment
Motion 11-10-24 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of The Corporation of the Township of Coleman approves a joint retainer for costs associated with Marie France Majeur regarding MPAC and Hound Chutes Dam re-assessment process;
AND FURTHER that Kemp-Pirie be instructed to prepare a sharing agreement with the Town of Latchford for the Hound Chute Dam revenues. Carried.
5. Chitaroni Sub-Division – road upgrades
– road was viewed by council members and work remains satisfactory and will be re-visited. Feedback from residents- positive
6. Martha McSherry – OTF’s Community Capital Fund
Clerk will investigate application for Bass Lake upgrades.
– Ravenhill Group Inc. – Ontario Mayors’ Municipal Recruiting Report
– AMO – Proposed AMO By-Law No. 2
– HazMat Management – headline news
– Canadian Environmental Protection – info.
– Association des Municipalite Francaise – Annual ConferenceThe Weekly Detour – newsletter
– Critical Control – pamphlet
– The Working Forest – Municipal World – August issue _ Change Management Presentations
– Meagan Guerra – Two Day Ice Hockey Tournament
– District School Board Ontario North East – Reaching Out
Motion 11-10-24 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 12-20 being a by-law to confirm certain proceedings of Council be read a first and second time. Carried.
Motion 11-10-24 MOVED BY Sue Cote and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT By-Law No. 12-20 be read a third and final time and be passed and enacted. Carried.
Motion 11-10-36 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Pat Tresidder:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.