SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES April 29, 2014 ______________________________________________________________________________
Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 14-04-33 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of April 29th, 2014 as presented with an addition to New Business: Latchford Dam. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
IN CAMERA(CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 14-04-34 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed
to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 6:05 p.m.
to discuss the following matter: Sharp Lake Park Carried.
Motion 14-04-35 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 6:30 p.m. without a report. Carried.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Sharp Lake Park
– the Clerk-Treasurer to make an appointment with Mr. George Kemp, Municipal Lawyer, for advice.
1. Council reviewed the following correspondence:
– Roger Lord – Emergency Management Training
– MTCS – Seniors’ Community grant
– TransCanada – Energy East Pipeline Ltd., Energy East Project, Project Description
2. Latchford Dam
– Mayor Cleroux reported on a meeting held regarding the Latchford Dam Project. A Terms of Reference will be prepared for review by all partners prior to proceeding with the project. Mayor Cleroux will circulate the draft agreement to Council for review when he receives it.
Continued (2) SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES April 29, 2014 ______________________________________________________________________________
– Ministry of Rural Affairs – The Rural Roadmap: The Path Forward for Ontario
– Ministry of Education – How Does Learning Happen
– Water Drinking – Guide
– SolPowered Energy Corporation – Information Session
– John Romain – Property Entry Training course
– Eleanor McMahon – Newsletter
– Temiskaming Shores – Social Media Training
Motion 14-04-36 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Lisa Neil:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.