Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Wednesday, April 29th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: R. Beeson
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Fire Chief: D. Laitinen
By-Law Officer: K. Jones
Elk Lake Community Forest: George Lefebvre
Motion 09-04-30 MOVED BY Ron Beeson and SECONDED BY A. Chitaroni: WHEREAS vehicular traffic has steadily been increasing on municipal roads in the Township of Coleman;
AND WHEREAS municipal roads are in constant need of attention in order to assure Coleman taxpayers’ health and safety throughout the year;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of The Corporation of the Township supports an application to the Infrastructure Stimulus Fund in the amount of $785,312.00 plus taxes to apply double Surface Treatment to 162,872 m2 of municipal roads. Carried.
Mr.Lefebvre was in attendance to update Council with progress made with presentation to be made at the FONOM Conference to Minister Cansfield, Ministry of Natural Resources.
Chief Laitinen was in attendance to discuss requests from Mileage 104 Residents for fire permits. Burning will be permitted in Mileage provided residents are burning in a barrel or pit.
A discussion was held regarding the fee to be charged for the disposal of the paper rolls and contaminated soil at the Waste Site as a result of the tractor trailer accident on April 24th, 2009. The Clerk-Treasurer to get information regarding the amount of material deposited at the Waste Site.
Mr. Ken Jones was in attendance to update Council regarding various matters of concern with derelict vehicles, yard clean up and snowmachine/ATV crossings on Portage Bay Road.
– AMO – HRSDC Enabling Accessibility Fund Call for Proposals
– AMO – Federal Gas Tax Award
– AMO – CRTC changes National Do Not Call List
– MNDM – Sudbury gives shine to Ontario Diamonds
– MNDM – New sawmill in North creates buzz
– MNDM – Northwestern Communities prepare for Investors
– Bits & Bytes Issue 38 – Draft Preliminary Revised WEEE Program Plan
– Minister Responsible for Seniors – Seniors’ Month
– LAS Audit – report results coming soon
– World Safety Products – Bear Resistant Containers
– OGRA – Public Works Officials exempt from Bill 118
Motion 09-04-31 MOVED BY Pat. Tresidder and SECONDED BY Ron Beeson:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.