Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
L. Perry P. Tresidder
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 12-04-14 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of April 17, 2012 as presented. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Council reviewed the road schedule to determine which municipal roads will require surface treatment. Council determined that 55.06 km of road need to be upgraded. The Clerk-Treasurer to request a quote from Miller Paving.
2. Council reviewed Chapters 8 and 9 of the Coleman Official Plan. These chapters dealt with boundaries and roads. A meeting is scheduled for May 8th, 2012 with the Municipal Planner.
3. Copies of the proposed Cobalt Water Act Agreement were distributed to Council for review.
A discussion was held regarding the inclusion of the Cobalt Water Commission and whether to hold another public meeting. Council will make a decision at the next regular meeting.
4. The Clerk-Treasurer updated Council regarding the decommissioning of the Refinery Well. A quote is expected for the next regular meeting.
5. Council reviewed the Snow Removal By-Law. The by-law will be passed at the next regular meeting.
6. Councillor Perry updated Council regarding the Bass Lake Committee meeting held April 16th, 2012. The Committee reviewed the contract for the caretaker as well as the rules and regulations.
Council reviewed the preliminary survey which will create nine new lots. The hydro line easement will have to be dealt with prior to advertising these lots.
Council reviewed the Bass Lake drawing with respect to creating new lots behind the trailer park. This matter will be discussed at later time.
IN CAMERA(CLOSED) SESSION
Motion 12-04-15 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
WHEREAS Section 239(2) states that a meeting or part of a meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered is:
(a) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees;
(b) labour relations or employee negotiations;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in closed session at 8:00 p.m. to discuss the following matter: Review Applications for Works Department Carried.
Motion 12-04-16 MOVED BY Lois Perry and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council agrees to reconvene in open session at 9:00 p.m. without a report. Carried.
Motion 12-04-17 MOVED BY Susan Cote and SECONDED BY Cathy Marcella:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.