Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Monday, April 15, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: D. Cleroux
Councillor: S. Cote C. Marcella
L. Neil L. Perry
Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
EXP Services Inc.: Ryan Seguin
J.L. Richards & Associates Ltd: Sarah Vereault
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
Motion 13-04-13 MOVED BY Cathy Marcella and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT Council approves the agenda for the regular meeting of April 15th, 2013 as presented. Carried.
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OR PECUNIARY INTEREST
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1. Ryan Seguin
Proposed Lots along Marsh Bay Road
Council reviewed the map showing Coleman Parcels along Marsh Bay Road with Mr. Seguin.
Mr. Seguin will prepare different scenarios for Council’s review prior to making any decision regarding this project.
2. Sarah Vereault and Tim Chadder, Planners, J. L. Richards & Associates Ltd.
Mr. Tim Chadder joined the meeting by telephone.
a) Official Plan Review
A discussion was held regarding the Official Plan. The Clerk-Treasurer to advise Ms. Wendy Kauffman, Ministry of Municipal Affairs
and Housing that the Coleman Official Plan will be reviewed as soon as the Provincial Policy Statement is finalized. The OP update will
target the changes in the Provincial Policy Statement that will need to be addressed.
b) Chitaroni Subdivision
Council reviewed and discussed Mr. Chitaroni’s Subdivision. Ms. Vereault will review the subdivision application with the
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, forward a letter to Mr. Chitaroni with the Ministry’s conditions and set up a conference call with Mr. Chitaorni.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES continued
c) Sharp Lake Park Zoning By-Law Amendment
Council reviewed and discussed the Sharp Lake Park Zoning By-Law Amendment with Ms. Vereault and Mr. Chadder.
1. Ms. Vereault will contact the Town of Cobalt to get permission to discuss the project with Miller Paving Inc.
2. A letter will be forwarded to the Town of Cobalt summarizing the comments and concerns,
requesting a clear statement, a rehabilitation plan including a financial statement, a site
plan and a response with a time line.
3. A letter will be forwarded to residents advising them of the process the Township of
Coleman is initiating regarding the Sharp Lake Project.
4. With permission, Council will attempt negotiating solutions with Miller Paving Inc.
regarding the numerous concerns of local residents.
Mr. Chadder advised the Ministry of the Environment would work with the Township regarding dust and noise.
It is not Council’s aim to shut down the operation but to come to an understanding and agreement that will address
Residents’ concerns with the Town of Cobalt and Miller Paving Inc. regarding crushing and removal of material from the Sharp Lake Park location.
3. PlacestoGrow, Ministry of Infrastructure – information will be forwarded to Council for their review.
4. OPP – copies of the 2012 Reconciled Policing Costs were distributed to Council.
5. Emergency Management Ontario – EMES – information will be forwarded to Council for their review
6. Council reviewed AMO Breaking News regarding 2010 OMPF Reconciliation Announcement.
– AMO Communications – Watch File, Breaking News
– HazMat – update
– Jane Ferguson – Lakeport Power – information on LED Street Lights
– The Weekly Detour
– Timiskaming Health unit Board of Health – minutes
– Ontario Trails – update
Motion 13-04-24 MOVED BY Lisa Neil and SECONDED BY Susan Cote:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.